Solo is turning off Automatically after one motor gives "pop" sound

Reaction score
Guys,

I bought a brand new Solo from B&H.
Yesterday I opened that and updated the system as instructed and then started it.
First I hold the Fly button and motors started and then I hold Fly button again to fly. (Did this first time without props on, i wanted to test it).
When I press and hold the Fly button second time, drone suddenly turned off with giving me a POP sound.
Now after that, when i turn on the drone, it shut down automatically with a pop sound and No 3 motor is giving that sound and i moves slowly.

Please check the issue here :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm now in Sri Lanka and it's so hard to return and ask for a new one. Please help me on this. Really sad and disappointing about this because i'm a Solo Lover.

if you press and hold the fly button with it armed it sends a land signal
1st get outside
then hit fly to start the motors
then up stick to take off

Reactions: chanu1993
if you press and hold the fly button with it armed it sends a land signal
1st get outside
then hit fly to start the motors
then up stick to take off
Hey, the issue is motor doesn't start and give a strange sound. Did you check the video ?

I took it out and did as you tell. Not working. Do you have any suggestions ? Please help me.

you totally have a bad motor/motor pod. Same exact thing happened to me.
Hey bro, I'm sad because this is a brand new drone. Really worried about 3DR because love this bird. Anyway, now I need to fix this. Sti gathering ideas. How did you fix this bro? From where you ordered a motor?

And the sad thing is, all 4 motors started at once. When I unboxed and started first timetime. Suddenly solo turned off and down. Please help me and give me some ideas.

Hey bro, I'm sad because this is a brand new drone. Really worried about 3DR because love this bird. Anyway, now I need to fix this. Sti gathering ideas. How did you fix this bro? From where you ordered a motor?

And the sad thing is, all 4 motors started at once. When I unboxed and started first timetime. Suddenly solo turned off and down. Please help me and give me some ideas.
You've access to Google, right? Just google it. I have extra motors and I did the bearing replacement on one of them that was screaming, and that did the trick.... so I decided to do the other three as well. Twice I had a bad pod, but a good motor, so I used the motors on a few pods because I wanted to see if I could save a few bucks by just resoldering the wires to make a CCW motor go CW. Total pain in the azz, so that won't be happening again. I forgot that the threads also needed to be changed, so screw that. I'm not going to get any more Solo motors until I try out the T-motor switch. But first I'm going to install the Pixhawk 2.1 because I believe the stock solo cube burns up motors. Anyways, Google 3DR Solo replacement motor assy. They've gone up in price, like everything else Solo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo