Solo Disappearance - Now RECOVERED

I only live about 30 miles from Jason. I have ordered alligators to be shipped here.

This is the only thing missing. LOL

Rescue video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Raybro
Jason, I just had an idea. Don't know if anyone already had a similar one. What if you crafted some sort of slide that would catch the solo and channel it back to the river bank? You could use a tarp or something with a pole on each side (and two operators) to break the fall and send it back to the dry bank.

Jason, I just had an idea. Don't know if anyone already had a similar one. What if you crafted some sort of slide that would catch the solo and channel it back to the river bank? You could use a tarp or something with a pole on each side (and two operators) to break the fall and send it back to the dry bank.

Exactly.

Get a tarp about 20' x 20". Cheap one from Menards or Home Depot. Has eyelets on corners. Tie off ropes and go across river. pull the rope out at angles to location where the tarp is under Solo. Shake it out or cut it out.

Reactions: Shawn Sparks
Picking on me again. That was filmed about 45 minutes from me. And yes we have alot of banjo players around here.
Edit: just watch one of my youtube videos of me talking and yall laugh your heads off.

I'm only 25 minutes from that river... small world.

Tonight was the 348th Expedition to the Lost Drone. No new progress, though the path there has dried somewhat. And I got some good zoom photos.

20150805-.jpg

20150805-Solo Drone in Tree.jpg

Exactly.

Get a tarp about 20' x 20". Cheap one from Menards or Home Depot. Has eyelets on corners. Tie off ropes and go across river. pull the rope out at angles to location where the tarp is under Solo. Shake it out or cut it out.

Once it's on the tarp, how do you get it the rest of the way back across the river? Or do you have ropes on both sides the width of the river?

Keep in mind though that it's virtually impossible to go along the edge of the river where the drone is above, it's a very steep angle of mud 15 feet or more up to the tree line, and it's all scrub and brush between the road and the trees you'd have to work with, much of which is growing in that angle.

Once it's on the tarp, how do you get it the rest of the way back across the river? Or do you have ropes on both sides the width of the river?

Keep in mind though that it's virtually impossible to go along the edge of the river where the drone is above, it's a very steep angle of mud 15 feet or more up to the tree line, and it's all scrub and brush between the road and the trees you'd have to work with, much of which is growing in that angle.
Ropes to other side come back to drone side too.. after on tarp think hammock.

Ropes to other side come back to drone side too.. after on tarp think hammock.
Wouldn't the tarp just sink in the river? Or am I missing something?

Rich you should come down one of these days and I can give you a look in person!

Whole bunch of creativeness going on here! Can't wait for the rescue video.

Good luck Jason, be safe.

Wouldn't the tarp just sink in the river? Or am I missing something?

Well not knowing the scale of things I am not sure. But per your drawing.

I was thinking tarp (blue) with ropes off 4 corners tied to trees or stakes or whatever (black).

Two extra ropes (green) if needed. Start by trying to walk the black ropes back towards bank drone is on. You have green ropes to pull up and cradle Solo if needed at bank edge.

img_9739-jpg.598.jpg

another idea on the tarp, buy several cheap pool intertube floats 8-12 and lash them together and put them under the tarp that way you have way to catch the drone if it goes in the river. Get you a telescopic light bulb changing pole at the hardware store and try to knock into your floating tarp net.

Sorry to hear this! If i was closer I would help you out as I am a Arborist that knows how to climb via single rope and double rope. I had to retrieve my dads for him in a 90 foot Poplar Tree. It was about 75' up! Good luck

Attachments

• IMG_1982.JPG
    IMG_1982.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 49
Well, it looks like there is now a flood watch for tomorrow, so the rescue attempt may be delayed.

Reactions: Digital Dove
My climber (former tree trimmer until a couple of years ago) was a no-show so I called off most of my helpers but did go out with a buddy this morning just to take a look. Rain last night made for thick mud so we decided it best to hold off and check it out tomorrow or later in the week. Had contacted a few other professional tree guys earlier in the week but none called me back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44