Solo Disappearance - Now RECOVERED

One of the professional tree-trimmers I contacted last week called me back today. "I just got back from being out of town, but I was really hoping you had figured out the situation by now," he told me. I described the situation, and he says without being able to bring mechanical equipment in or get directly below the branch to get a rope up, he doesn't see how it would be possible for him. But he suggested I contact the local newspaper as he thinks it would be a great article. I replied that I'd rather not call that sort of attention to the situation at this point.

One of the professional tree-trimmers I contacted last week called me back today. "I just got back from being out of town, but I was really hoping you had figured out the situation by now," he told me. I described the situation, and he says without being able to bring mechanical equipment in or get directly below the branch to get a rope up, he doesn't see how it would be possible for him. But he suggested I contact the local newspaper as he thinks it would be a great article. I replied that I'd rather not call that sort of attention to the situation at this point.
Any updates?

upload_2015-8-13_11-44-30.png

This might work. Sorry, man. Sometimes you just gotta laugh and start over. I'm sure some great idea will come along and SOLO will be rescued. Best wishes.

15 Days In: The Drone Has Been Recovered!

A friend of mine called me this morning to tell me that while on a walk he passed a tree trimmer who was doing all his work from within a tree. So I drove over, told him about the situation, showed him my photos, and he told me "not a problem". An hour later we drove out to the site and 15 minutes later he had it down.

IMG_9767.jpg IMG_9768.jpg IMG_9773.jpg

"There is no <bleep>ing tree I can't climb," he tells me as he gets down. Basically he did the climb, set some guide ropes on a larger limb slightly higher than the one the drone was in, and then slowly crawled out to the drone. Then he just slid down to the river bank on the ropes. He wanted to avoid the tree again - it was full of poison ivy it turns out.

GoPro still works. Waiting to try the Drone - want to give it more drying time.

Last edited:
Good deal!:) Have you tried charging the battery? Also I would recommend removing the motor pods prior to the first power up.

I'd of found me a new bestie that day good for the trimmer. Glad to see you found your long lost bird man this guy is the $&it. Whod o thought our lord and savior a tree trimmer if this ever happens to me I'm calling the tree trimmers ASAP.

Last edited:
Oh I missed part thought he was right in the area or in the tree by weird coincidence, thought that seemed unlikely. So what this guy charge ya to go up and grab the lil guy?

This is one of the most active threads it's like saving lil Timmy from the well in reverse.

Glad to see you got it back and nobody got hurt.

Great news! I just checked your thread an hour or so ago wondering how things were progressing!

LOL, I was looking at those photos thinking "ok, oak leaves on the tree, but isn't that Poison Ivy leaves against the trunk?"

Let us know how the Solo fared after it's time in the elements!

Oh I missed part thought he was right in the area or in the tree by weird coincidence, thought that seemed unlikely. So what this guy charge ya to go up and grab the lil guy?

This is one of the most active threads it's like saving lil Timmy from the well in reverse.

He was not already there - he was trimming a tree here in my town so we drove the 10 miles or so to the location.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, I hope once dried off it's all good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig