Well she's gone !....

They have had the Solo/Gimbal/backpack combo the whole time- I'm not interested in anymore backpacks- wouldn't mind a few more Solo/Gimbal combos for $299- but wholesalers make those decisions before b&h receives items and b&h will not break up a package deal
Do we know if the b and h bundle 399 has gimbal installed or separate in box?

B&H claims that their combo packages come pre-assembled

Ok nice as that is what I was counting on to increase the odds of Rev b else the 229 was looking better.

For those that own the backpack - how is it quality wise? Can you fit anything else into it once the solo is loaded?

backpack is nice- got one with my first drone- it will hold controller, Solo w gimbal attached, four batteries and some odds and ends.

Do you think you could fit another small Drone... Mavic or spark? Or is it tight as is with solo and Batts?

It is all cut out for specific items- there is no additional space for a dji spark never less a mavic. But it will keep Solo snug and secure.

Reactions: rcflyingaddict
It is all cut out for specific items- there is no additional space for a dji spark never less a mavic. But it will keep Solo snug and secure.
Thanks for all the info/back and forth - I appreciate it.
Well I can say, not owning one yet but looking at pic's it looks nicer than the dji case which I have as well as the lowepro drone case on the outside. Good news ,, or bad news is that I'll have mine next week. I am spoiled with Amazon and next day, heck even same day shipping. B&H is sending my kit on the slow boat from China so will not get it to next week. Ordered the combo hoping for a Rev B that actually acquires sat's and fly's OUT OF THE BOX. I'm all for mod's and tweaking as I'm getting the solo so I can have a drone that is not mind numbingly boring to fly (see manual flight modes) but do expect it to function out of the box within LOS. 4 batteries should be enough to get it in the air but will need to source a charger than can charge multiple batteries at a time.

I have to install the HERE and Green Cube into my Rev A Solo- just want to read up a little more so I don't botch it up- I use the backpack, it's nice. It an easy way to snatch one thing and have everything you need to go fly for an hour or two-

Are you sure? I assumed the 399 was the solo with gimbal installed not just thrown in the box ie retail. The fact or high possibility that the real combo's would come with rev b was one strong point in going with the 399 deal -- if it's just thrown in the box then it's a toss-up.

I ordered one of the B&H $399 bundles in August and it came in a box that had a backpack in it and in the backpack was the Solo WITH GIMBAL PRE-INSTALLED, hope this helps .

I ordered one of the B&H $399 bundles in August and it came in a box that had a backpack in it and in the backpack was the Solo WITH GIMBAL PRE-INSTALLED, hope this helps .
Nice. How does yours acquire sats and fly? Do you know what Rev gps you have?

Other than to check the contents , I've never had it out of the box. It is my reserve Solo, I scored a sweet deal in eBay that included the Solo backpack bundle with gimbal , then he threw in a Samsung Tab4 and a GoPro hero 4 Black all for $450 !!
...well that's the one that flew away [emoji53] ... gotta a rebuild on the way [emoji52]

I have to install the HERE and Green Cube into my Rev A Solo- just want to read up a little more so I don't botch it up- I use the backpack, it's nice. It an easy way to snatch one thing and have everything you need to go fly for an hour or two-

Let me know how this goes please. I've done a little reading on both the Here GPS and the green pixhawk 2.1 . The Here I understand more, I'm not really sure what's gained with the Green Pixhawk 2.1, can you shed any light on it for me?

Other than to check the contents , I've never had it out of the box. It is my reserve Solo, I scored a sweet deal in eBay that included the Solo backpack bundle with gimbal , then he threw in a Samsung Tab4 and a GoPro hero 4 Black all for $450 !!
...well that's the one that flew away [emoji53] ... gotta a rebuild on the way [emoji52]
Haha - well good thing you got a great deal and I'm already expecting to have at least one more in my fleet to mod.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig