Solex vehicle types

Reaction score
Does anyone know what Generick Mavlink means when Solex is referring to a Solo that is currently connected ?

Does anyone know what Generick Mavlink means when Solex is referring to a Solo that is currently connected ?
Take a look at Kelly's release notes for this latest release--I believe he made some changes to support other vehicles other than Solo. Solo uses Mavlink 1.0 I believe and is a little old...

Take a look at Kelly's release notes for this latest release--I believe he made some changes to support other vehicles other than Solo. Solo uses Mavlink 1.0 I believe and is a little old...

What I'd really like to know is how to et my Solo from spinning so maybe someday I can fly it again.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the problem you're having. Please try sticking to the posts and topics you've already made on this matter, and actually follow up to those topics where people are trying to help you. Honestly I don't know why I'm even responding since you've been doing this crap for months now.

Generic Mavlink is what it falls back to when it tries to ID the vehicle it's connected to and can't find anything else. If you're actually connected to a Solo, then let Solex download the parameters from it before you open the flight screen. Then it will be the right type.

Reactions: XevetS and carpy
.well, I am right there actually connected to solo. I waited for parameters to down load and I’m still stuck there. I’ve reloaded several times and cannot get any further. Call me dumb, call me stupid, but please call me.

.well, I am right there actually connected to solo. I waited for parameters to down load and I’m still stuck there. I’ve reloaded several times and cannot get any further. Call me dumb, call me stupid, but please call me.

OK, so you connect to the Solo, see the message showing parameters being downloaded, it completes, then you open the flight screen and it shows "Video not supported"? That indicates that for some reason, it's not seeing your Solo as a Solo. Obviously it shouldn't be doing that, and I'm wondering why it's the case. One thing I suppose I could do is make it where you can force a given connection to be a specific vehicle type. It shouldn't be necessary at all, but for some reason it appears it is in your case.

Thanks,
Kelly

I’m at that time. Target practice seems to be in order, however, in the spirit of the season,I shall make a strategic withdrawal. I shall return. See ya next year and a Merry Christmas.
Thanks again.
Joe Thomann

on the main screen of Solex click on connection type select "USB" press connect give it a second then change USB to "UDP" press connect and see what Happens.....

Is this supposed to be some kind of bug report?

This was a reply to @Thomannjf for him to try this "on the main screen of Solex click on connection type select "USB" press connect give it a second then change USB to "UDP" press connect and see what Happens" not directed towards you Mr. Kelly

But This is a problem yes, see this post I thought you read through this?

https://3drpilots.com/threads/solex-update-1-6-4.12058/#post-126648

My birds would not connect until I did this, not only me but a few others, its a glitch of some sort.

Last edited:
This is a problem yes, see this post I thought you read through this?

https://3drpilots.com/threads/solex-update-1-6-4.12058/#post-126648

My birds would not connect until I did this, not only me but a few others, its a glitch of some sort.

If you're seeing a problem, then it's useful to tell me the problem you're seeing, rather than saying "Try it and see". I took a look at this last evening, with a USB radio plugged in. Clicked USB and then Connect, and it connected. I tried to select UDP and then hit connect, but it always happened too quickly for me to get it done before the selector became disabled after connecting on the USB radio. This was in the process of trying to figure out the riddle. On the other hand, if you tell me what you're seeing, then I have a better shot at reproducing the problem and fixing it.

If you're seeing a problem, then it's useful to tell me the problem you're seeing, rather than saying "Try it and see". I took a look at this last evening, with a USB radio plugged in. Clicked USB and then Connect, and it connected. I tried to select UDP and then hit connect, but it always happened too quickly for me to get it done before the selector became disabled after connecting on the USB radio. This was in the process of trying to figure out the riddle. On the other hand, if you tell me what you're seeing, then I have a better shot at reproducing the problem and fixing it.

You replied to that post I figured you noticed that we had an issue you said you were working on a new release so I thought you had it covered? I was only trying to help out nothing more/less...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc