Solex Update 1.6.4

Reaction score
Somewhere in the Beautiful Nature Coast of Florida
Anybody else having a problem with this newest update 1.6.4?

I cannot connect to either solo stock or green cube. The app sees the solo's wifi but will not even acknowledge its connected to a solo? Both are running Open Solo rc3 beta, Help!!!! I have not had any issues up until this update..I've already uninstalled/reinstalled solex twice, and I've cleared all caches all to no avail.

Thanks in advance...EDIT: I'm a knucklehead just found the connect button....

Last edited:
I had a bit of trouble myself after the update, would see the controller, not the vehicle. Hit the connect button a few times, nothing would happen. Changed the connection from UDP to USB, hit connect, nothing happened (didn't expect it to since it wasn't connected via USB anyway), changed it back to UDP, hit connect... it connected. Maybe just a temp lockup? Either way, got flying within 5 minutes.

I had a bit of trouble myself after the update, would see the controller, not the vehicle. Hit the connect button a few times, nothing would happen. Changed the connection from UDP to USB, hit connect, nothing happened (didn't expect it to since it wasn't connected via USB anyway), changed it back to UDP, hit connect... it connected. Maybe just a temp lockup? Either way, got flying within 5 minutes.
Exact same thing happened to me just as you described tried with USB then switched to UDP hit connect and Viola...Huuuummmm?

Yeah, that's what I was seeing too. hit yer back button to get back to the intro screen (or whatever you want to call it), there you'll see a button that says "connect" with the option of UDP or USB. I had to change it to USB, hit connect, let it search, then switch it back to UDP, hit connect and viola, it found the drone.

OK..I'm in. Ya..there's a bug there somewhere. It should be simpler than this.
Test flight of 13 minutes and all is well. It's the connect button not right. I kept touching it and it finally connected even though on the right side it showed it in the SOLO wifi.

Last edited:
I discovered an issue with solex update. I tried to fly a survey mission yesterday. I've been using solex mission and geotagging for survey work with great success. However, I was not able to operate the camera yesterday. I had video feed but no control. Could not change settings or manually control the shutter. I switched GoPro cameras and rebooted solo. No change, still would no work. I switched to original solo app and it all worked as expected. I'll try again today.

Hi, Solex guy here... I'm looking at the connection issue. There's a few things going on here.

First, Solex has the ability to deal with vehicles other than a Solo now. So in order to know which vehicle it's dealing with (currently Solo, SkyViper v2450, and "Generic Mavlink"), it has to download parameters from the vehicle after connecting so it can look at them and pick the appropriate vehicle. For those of you getting "Video Not Supported", are you waiting to open the flight screen until after you see the "Downloaded n params" message after connecting? Solex is supposed to display a message saying "Still downloading parameters" when you try to open the flight screen before it's ready, so that's something I need to look at.

Second, the issue of connecting at all. It sounds like it's getting confused with which AP you're on, and that's something else I'm going to look at. The main problem I've had with this is that I haven't been able to get it to fail in this way, which makes it hard to fix. However, this week I was connecting to my new R1 Rover and it was acting strange, so I have something to work with now. :)

As soon as I get these things sorted, I'm pushing an update.

In the meantime, there's a "connections" file in the root Solex directory. If you run into trouble connecting, you can rename or delete that file, effectively clearing all the connections Solex knows about.

Thanks,
Kelly

Reactions: DJMc and Damien
Kelly thanks so much for the reply. However, it turns out the problem was much less technical. I should not have posted the problem without doing more work on my end.

I had selected Mavlink Shutter (digicam control) in the solex app setting. I unselected this option and it worked perfectly. 100% my error. Sorry and thanks.

Kelly thanks so much for the reply. However, it turns out the problem was much less technical. I should not have posted the problem without doing more work on my end.

I had selected Mavlink Shutter (digicam control) in the solex app setting. I unselected this option and it worked perfectly. 100% my error. Sorry and thanks.

Ah, good to hear it's working! Thanks for letting me know.

I'm having similar connection issues with my Nexus 2013 tablet and OpenSolo 2.5 RC3. I see it downloading the parameters and then stopping, and it says "connected" but doesn't recognize the Solo. If I tap "connect" again it will tell me it is still downloading and wont' try to connect. If I shut down the app and then restart it, it will usually connect just fine.

I'm having similar connection issues with my Nexus 2013 tablet and OpenSolo 2.5 RC3. I see it downloading the parameters and then stopping, and it says "connected" but doesn't recognize the Solo. If I tap "connect" again it will tell me it is still downloading and wont' try to connect. If I shut down the app and then restart it, it will usually connect just fine.

I was out flying today, and it did that. It connected, and came up with "No vehicle" for the vehicle type (which is the one when nothing is connected). I'm looking into it, and will push an update as soon as I have a fix. To fix it in the field, I backed out of Solex and opened it again and let it connect/download parameters.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
I’m having the failure to recognize the vehicle problem also. I’ll try some of the aforementioned methods and see what happens.

First, Solex has the ability to deal with vehicles other than a Solo now. So in order to know which vehicle it's dealing with (currently Solo, SkyViper v2450
So does this work with the new Skyviper v2450 GPS the reason I'm asking is it will see the skyviper WIFI no problem but will not connect to the drone using UDP and the connect button so it will not even download the parameters, if I select USB and hit connect SOLEX crashes each and every time, this is on all my android phones and Tablets....EDIT: Found the solution on Facebook via RCGroups
the Sfyviper uses Mavlink2 Solex does not so you have to change the serial one protocol to 1 for Mavlink 1, it works but no battery Telem...Video streams better than the SkyRocket APP though,

Great work Kelly!

Last edited:
I noticed there was an update to Solex, now you can't get into the "flight" screen until it's read all the parameters from the drone (a fantastic idea BTW as it solves a lot of connection issues).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig