Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I’m posting only 7 days after the first 3DR Solo video with… yes…you guessed it, another one! Thank you for your support and for viewing the last one :) I’ve taken from comments and suggestions and I believe this one is even better. Faster cuts, more action, syncing with the music, and a stylistic edit that expresses my creative view. My girlfriend helped me to pick the music and I’m loving it! oh and it’s less than 4mins long (apparently 10mins was too long on the last one :p).

Once again I’ve posted it to YouTube in 1080HD. I believe I’ve set it up to be viewable at 720 or less if you have bandwidth limitations. I really hope you enjoy it and like it and will send me / post comments about whatever you’re feeling once you’ve seen it. I’ll only get better if you level with me, and I promise to always get better! Balanced props since the last one and oiled the motors. Haven't yet figured out Mission Planner to balance the motors but hopefully before the next one.

One last thing... I noticed today that a prop makes an appearance briefly at 2:51. Apologies to the pureists, I'll be sure to crop out all props on the next one :)

Here’s the link: https://youtu.be/txsJAPpprWc .

Click, turn up music, enjoy :)

Kris

PS.. last time people asked me if they could post the link on social media… and I totally dig that! This video will play better if shared, as the music is royalty free and the link will embed more-so than the last.

Reactions: 3dRich007
nice work
What do you shoot in?
If I were shooting this, I would shoot in 2.7k 60.
Then when editing crop to a 1080 time line.
This does two things for you
It allows you to appear closer to the focus object when you are actually not.
Plus you can scroll the video in frame, that will allow you to emphasize the movement in frame

Second
Roll back on the switching from black and white to color.
That is a good tool, but over using it causes the video to be hard to watch.

Your time remapping was great, but seemed random. use it with purpose

Reactions: FinniKris
Awesome vid, did you use any post stabelisation? I yes, what programm?
Thank you!
I didn't use any post stabilization, just tweaks on the aircraft (still more to come). Edited with iMovie as I learn Final Cut haha

nice work
What do you shoot in?
If I were shooting this, I would shoot in 2.7k 60.
Then when editing crop to a 1080 time line.
This does two things for you
It allows you to appear closer to the focus object when you are actually not.
Plus you can scroll the video in frame, that will allow you to emphasize the movement in frame

Second
Roll back on the switching from black and white to color.
That is a good tool, but over using it causes the video to be hard to watch.

Your time remapping was great, but seemed random. use it with purpose
Thanks very much!
I shot at 120fps 1080 as the fastest I could shoot in 2.7k is 60 and I really wanted to see the extra slow motion. I was wishing for the 2.7k once I started editing and doing the crops and zooms.. as you say it would have been much clearer in those spots.

Noted about the B&W to Colour. Maybe I was having a little too much fun with the visuals there :)

Thank you very much for the tips, I hope to progress with each video I complete.

so much of this is artistic preference
what I like might not fit your goal at all.
For example I like crushed blacks and blueish shadows.
But that look is not for everyone'

Cool work, Finni. I like to see some good creative editing with some good tunes. May I ask from where you pulled your music track?

Another note on the cropping to zoom subject, when I swapped out the GoPro stock wide angle lenses for a Peau 4.35, I was blown away at how much "closer" my shots were.

Cool work, Finni. I like to see some good creative editing with some good tunes. May I ask from where you pulled your music track?

Another note on the cropping to zoom subject, when I swapped out the GoPro stock wide angle lenses for a Peau 4.35, I was blown away at how much "closer" my shots were.
The music is from a group / collection of music made royalty free and distributed by them, being: NoCopywriteSounds .
NoCopyrightSounds: All Releases - YouTube

They ask to credit the artist and song and how to contact and such.. In the info of my video there are a bunch of links to NCS and the artist weblinks.

I've been eyeing the peau.. Looks really nice :) Just went to 4 Black from 3+ black.. gotta save a little for Peau.
Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo