Ray

Reaction score
going to be doing a shell replacement due to a user error crash.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

following these instructions. I see him using some "super x glue" on the antenna's connectors. What kind of glue is this? SuperX glue is from japan and I'm not in japan. Anyone use a substitute for that job? thanks for the help

If you had consulted the all-knowing "Google", you would have found this, among other results:
Cemedine Adhesives

Available on eBay and at Amazon- no need to go to Japan.;)

If you had consulted the all-knowing "Google", you would have found this, among other results:
Cemedine Adhesives

Available on eBay and at Amazon- no need to go to Japan.;)
i did that. shipping is a little much for just a glue. theres gotta be an alternate out there

is gorilla glue epoxy the same thing or even just similar?
Not really- it's meant to glue two things together, not just lay on the surface.
I tried something similar using gel superglue (same as Gorilla glue). It just laid on the surface and was still wet several hours later. It might have dried eventually but I couldn't wait that long.

A two-part epoxy would work but you know the problems using those.

Hot melt glue would be great except:
Glue gun can't reach tight spaces.
The heat can damage some electronic components.

@Ray, @Maddog - how did you go with the shell replacement? i've got a clean split along one side of one of the the 3dr solo shell. do you think it's possible to use an adhesive to bond the break? would an epoxy be ok for this purpose? (exterior fracture). thanks,

@Ray, @Maddog - how did you go with the shell replacement? i've got a clean split along one side of one of the the 3dr solo shell. do you think it's possible to use an adhesive to bond the break? would an epoxy be ok for this purpose? (exterior fracture). thanks,
Is the repair going to be on the inside or outside of the shell? If on the inside I think epoxy would be fine but I would try to lay something across the break (metal window screen?) and cover with epoxy.
Or maybe a small Fiberglas repair kit from an auto parts store? I've never worked with fiberglass but it might be worth a try.

Maybe nylon screen instead. We are talking about the shell surrounding all our sensitive electronics. I believe our instructions say to start solo away from metal objects because they will cause magnetic interference and can't help thinking the metal screen would cause some kind of issue. Fiberglass does not stick well to plastic and might work for a while but would most likely separate in time. If I was doing it I would try the epoxy and make sure to keep the part stable until it dries completely. It is possible that the heat or reaction from an epoxy will soften the plastic so brace it some way to keep the correct shape while drying/curing. It may not be necessary depending on the epoxy but I would rather not find out to late.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc