The Solo Ebay Bargains....

Yup! That's the seller I bought from. Really strange that the lots have the exact same issues. I haven't taken them apart yet, but would love to see if one of them is missing a gps unit too.

Should've waited for Titan.deals again. Oh well. Live and learn. Somewhere I have my original Rev A GPS that I might try to put into the one...

Reactions: RDA
I have 3 spare Rev A's and 1 spare Rev B. I'll throw the Rev B in until I upgrade to an MRO. If I can build at least one working bird from those 3, it will worth the buy. Two... and I'll be lucky, but 1 will be a parts machine for sure I reckon.

Got a really bad Solo from a seller that sent a perfect one the week before. Someone flew it with the cardboard covers on the motors. Three motors are locked up solid. The fourth one turns really odd. What gets me is what store would take back an abused $1000 item like that?

@IrishmanPDX @just_bruce

Oh no, don't tell me that. I ordered from that seller too. They are due here tomorrow. Did he just rip the legs off or something? Any observable benefit (in his mind maybe) to the legs being removed? We all understood that they were for parts, but didn't expect additional damage from the seller in the process.

He unscrewed them, but then yanked on the cables so he could tape the to the side of SOLO to, I'm guessing, make it easier for him to wrap in bubble. I'd rather he have left the legs on and used less bubble wrap, honestly.

He's being rather intransigent in my communications with him. He insists that he's done nothing wrong, my point is he is being untruthful by omission.

In short, I wouldn't expect much. I'm on the fence on whether to leave negative feedback.....

He unscrewed them, but then yanked on the cables so he could tape the to the side of SOLO to, I'm guessing, make it easier for him to wrap in bubble. I'd rather he have left the legs on and used less bubble wrap, honestly.

He's being rather intransigent in my communications with him. He insists that he's done nothing wrong, my point is he is being untruthful by omission.

In short, I wouldn't expect much. I'm on the fence on whether to leave negative feedback.....
Ok, well I will let you know what I find when I get my 3 tomorrow. But, based on feedback from the two of you........I may be screwed too.

Can't really say he's untruthful, after all, he advertised them as "for parts" and said the bodies seemed in good condition. That much is entirely true. I think Titan Deals just has us spoiled with easily repairable birds. He removed the legs from the birds, but two out of three were find regarding the compass and wifi legs, the third though, yeah, the ends were completely ripped. Not sure why, after all, he already proved he could unscrew them and fold them on the other birds.

I won't have time to do a proper diagnosis of these birds until next week, but right now, all three are just good for parts and that's about it.

Hopefully you have better luck with your purchase!

It is common practice and courtesy on eBay to note if parts are missing, especially if you are selling an item within the "whole item" category (Camera Drones) and not in the "parts" category (Camera Drone Parts).

Also, the pictures show the items with their legs still attached.

To me, failing to note missing parts, then disassembling an item in a damaging way that isn't shown in the pictures is, as I said before, untruthful by omission.

I just got mine, looks the same as what you both described. I will send pictures. I did get the free remote as well. But, there was no tablet holder, charger, battery, or even the foam thing in it. Still, if it works.....I guess that is a bonus. I am not going to be able to mess with any of these for a while though. I hope they are ok. But, yes, at least there are some parts in there.

I didn't even receive the GCS. Would probably have called it a wash if I did.

Wonder how he decided who to send the "free gift" to? Well, who knows if it even works? I'll find out in a few weeks (maybe) when I have time to get into them. Just seemed like the supply was drying up so I wanted to get a few birds to see if I can get them back up in the air/to have some more parts.

I think if I were gonna spend any more on SOLO lots I'd just buy the $625 one titan.deals has listed right now...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela