Save maps in Solex for offline use?

Reaction score
I haven't read every thread on solo, but used the search feature and couldn't get an answer. Can you download maps using home wifi for use in the field with solex?

Thanks.

Yes; you need to follow the instructions for downloading offline maps for Google Maps here. It worked for me, anyway. I had to use it since the Shield doesn't appear to be able to use Wifi with bluetooth tethering.

Reactions: speatuk
Thank you this is just the answer I was wanting.

Hello,
I can only download road maps, on google map, but no aerial maps. Is there a tip that I'm missing? For now I can't work without network like I did with tower and prefetched maps.
Thanks

Hello,
I can only download road maps, on google map, but no aerial maps. Is there a tip that I'm missing? For now I can't work without network like I did with tower and prefetched maps.
Thanks

I couldn't get any maps to show offline in Solo app or Solex when ready to fly. Here's what I just stumbled upon a few minutes ago just after coming to this thread. While on my home WiFi I started Solo/Solex app without Solo or the controller connected. Maps displayed on both apps. I panned the map to cache the general area around my home. I then switched on Solo and controller. I checked the Solo app and Solex. Both displayed maps. I walked Solo to the end of my driveway and the drone icon was positioned correctly. This should work in the field if you tether to get WiFi. As a side note I get the same results as you with Google maps offline--just roadmap. However using the above technique the satellite map was displayed.

Reactions: Brendon Baddiley

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo