New Year, New Solo! Open Solo 3.0.0 released

Reaction score
os3_smalll.jpg
NEW YEAR, NEW SOLO! Open Solo 3.0.0, the first non-beta stable production release has dropped at 00:00z on January 1, 2018!! Since 3DR open sourced the Solo and controller, many new possibilities have opened up. Combined with the continued development of ArduPilot, the Solex App, and SidePilot App, the solo is now growing even more!

Open Solo 3.0.0, fully compatible with both stock and green cube solos, is now available for install automatically with the Solex and SidePilot apps, or manually using SSH in Windows or Mac. SD Card images are also available. Instructions for all installation methods have been updated for 3.0.0. Release notes for 3.0.0 are posted as well.

Huge thanks to everyone that has been participating in beta testing, providing feedback, and sacrificing their time and solos for the greater good :)

Features, release notes, install instructions, technical details, and contributors can be be found on the Open Solo github site.

Please read over the release notes and instructions before posting questions. Most common questions are answered in the release notes.

Do you want to give a quick summary of what this brings to Solo people? Or should I read the release notes..

Happy New Year.....

Loaded on one GC and one stock Solo with no issues.

Nice that we no longer have to load the GC firmware and parameters as a separate operation.

The new 3.0 looked to load much faster than 2.5RCx did.

Thanks for all the hard work getting this up and ready for the New Years!

I just installed 3.0 and flew it at 3:50 AM. It flew great. It seemed pretty snappy, but I doubt the PIDs have been changed. It probably flew better because it was 2018. ;-)

Reactions: Pedals2Paddles
No change to PIDs for the stock cube. Is it by chance extremely cold where you are? That would make it perform better too.

View attachment 7555
NEW YEAR, NEW SOLO! Open Solo 3.0.0, the first non-beta stable production release has dropped at 00:00z on January 1, 2018!! Since 3DR open sourced the Solo and controller, many new possibilities have opened up. Combined with the continued development of ArduPilot, the Solex App, and SidePilot App, the solo is now growing even more!

Open Solo 3.0.0, fully compatible with both stock and green cube solos, is now available for install automatically with the Solex and SidePilot apps, or manually using SSH in Windows or Mac. SD Card images are also available. Instructions for all installation methods have been updated for 3.0.0. Release notes for 3.0.0 are posted as well.

Huge thanks to everyone that has been participating in beta testing, providing feedback, and sacrificing their time and solos for the greater good :)

Features, release notes, install instructions, technical details, and contributors can be be found on the Open Solo github site.

Please read over the release notes and instructions before posting questions. Most common questions are answered in the release notes.

Hi Matt, Thanks for everything you've done for the Solo & community,Have a great New Year.

Reactions: BrentW
1. I do not have solex, I did a ssh/WinSCP procedure, everything seemed have updated successfully on Copter and Controller, but I was unable to pair. I tried reset few times no success.
2. I pulled the SD cards out deleted all the partitions using diskpart clean. Used Win32 Disk Imager to write new image as described, still cannot pair.

Any help would be appreciated

1. I do not have solex, I did a ssh/WinSCP procedure, everything seemed have updated successfully on Copter and Controller, but I was unable to pair. I tried reset few times no success.
2. I pulled the SD cards out deleted all the partitions using diskpart clean. Used Win32 Disk Imager to write new image as described, still cannot pair.

Any help would be appreciated
Controller boots up normally with the Open Solo splash screen? Try taking the battery out of the controller for a minute. Put it back in. Power up controller and solo. Wait about a minute for everything to boot up. Press the pair button for 2 seconds. see if it responds.

I am writing new images as I type. Will give it another shot with your recommendation P2P.

Installed new SD cards with new Open Solo v3 images.

Pedals2Paddles,

Yes, Controller boots up normally with the Open Solo splash screen. Then switches to Waiting message. Tried removing the battery and rebooted everything. My phone can connect to the controller.

Copter Has solid green light on Pixhawk, Slow Flashing orange, and solid green on i.mx6

Just updated Solo_2 and Artoo_1 to 3.0.0, No issues, very smooth. Now waiting for a battery to charge so I can try it out.
Took about 20 minutes total including level & compass cals. ;>))

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo