New Solo firmware available now 1.0.5

I flew yesterday before the update and the wifi connected. Today, after the update, I cannot, for the life of me, get a wifi connection from solo. What gives??????

Performed the update. The controller displays Controller updated--reconnect app to SoloLink wifi--Press A to continue

Pressing A, however, doesn't make anything happen. The message remains, and I can't power the controller off.

Does the white battery harness just pull out, or is there a tab that has to be pushed or pulled first?

Oh, and by the way, I'm beginning to think 3DR may suck.
I flew twice now before the update and now that I updated, the wifi doesnt come up on any device. My solo isnt putting out a wifi signal Why why why????

Just came home and completed the update. No issues, but I did see 1 item that may cause some confusion.. After the first part of the update and the Solo and controller re-boot, there is a message on the controller to hit A to continue. The first thing I wanted to do was hit 'A'. But I noticed in small print above that statement to 're-connect Solo to WiFi, then hit A. I did that, waited for the app and the Solo to be connected and hit the A key. Controller went immediately 'searching for GPS'. Just be sure to watch the order of things. Hope this works for you..
Yes, that's the step I missed and ended up disconnecting the transmitter battery when all it needed was a wifi connection to Solo.

just got back home from giving my solo a test flight after doing the update.
everything worked great.
no problems or errors or disconects.
played around lowe altitude and in close at first.
than went to 250 feet and out to 650 feet.
flew around for a while than back to land at 25 percent.
on the ground at 19 percent.

just got back home from giving my solo a test flight after doing the update.
everything worked great.
no problems or errors or disconects
Good deal. I have not had a problem since the update. I had 14 satellites at one point yesterday. I'm fixing to head out as soon as the fog clears.

maby they like the looks of the solo better than the phantom

Better in what really? I will stop the offtopic but just show me a awesome video created with a solo, i will show you 1000 better videos made with the P3, no mods used to get them, no fisheye removal... With a 999$ unit ready to fly with camera and everything (except the smart device).

This fix shouldnt ever be released because the solo should have this made before release, this product has not properly tested, big failure i must say.

Ghostmaster....I have had phantoms all along and currently own a P3P...DJI continues to develop and make available updates continually...v2.1.6, v2.1.8, and now v2.1.9 all since mid June, 3 updates in 15 days(what are they fixing, these updates are CREATING issues, talk about testing it and solving before releasing)...these updates are not without incident with 2.1.6 I now get a "land immediately" message (worked perfect before update), others on the forum say the fix for 2.1.6 is to shut off your VPS....I use my VPS and didn't buy the P3 to shut VPS off(and now I can't even get my P3 to accept 2.1.8 ) and guess what there's no one to call to talk it over, of course you can send it back to china for repair...I wish they would let us go back to v1.1.9, that worked fine for me....... at least with 3dr i can talk to a live tech who will help get the answers i need.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Ghostmaster....I have had phantoms all along and currently own a P3P...DJI continues to develop and make available updates continually...v2.1.6, v2.1.8, and now v2.1.9 all since mid June, 3 updates in 15 days(what are they fixing, these updates are CREATING issues, talk about testing it and solving before releasing)...these updates are not without incident with 2.1.6 I now get a "land immediately" message (worked perfect before update), others on the forum say the fix for 2.1.6 is to shut off your VPS....I use my VPS and didn't buy the P3 to shut VPS off(and now I can't even get my P3 to accept 2.1.8 ) and guess what there's no one to call to talk it over, of course you can send it back to china for repair...I wish they would let us go back to v1.1.9, that worked fine for me....... at least with 3dr i can talk to a live tech who will help get the answers i need.

issues that did not caused several crashes, this ones had... its your opinion vs mine.

This is bewildering to say the least. I did update. iPad Air 2. 1st d/l the updated app. Then plugged iPad in to computer USB. Updated iPad. Unplugged iPad. Then turned controller and Solo on, reconnected wifi to Solo, from there on it was automatic, just like to video says. Lights flashed multi color,,everything. Ponderous.

issues that did not caused several crashes, this ones had... its your opinion vs mine.

And my opinion/experience differs from yours as well. My Phantom 1 and my P2 have both had update related issues. I no longer update either due to the issues. This is quite common, I'd assume any DJI owner is aware of these problems and the fact that many of us no longer do updates, or hold off until you beta testers do them first.

it's app the app store,,,Go to the app store, either apple or google, then download the upgrade. If you need more help Drone, there are a lot of people here that are trying to help each other, a lot of really good people. I see you just joined today so maybe before you start with this sucks and that sucks, maybe ask someone.

Last edited:
Updated my solo last night (through an iPhone 6 Plus) and everything went smoothly. Started everything up just to make sure the battery wasn't acting up and it looked fine. Will try and get a flight in soon, but so far no issues (knock on wood). Maybe we should have a thread or poll on how many of us have working solos and how many of us have problematic ones?

So you joined a site to complain about a product you returned? After all of your drama how did you have the time and energy? How would you expect to fly right after taking out of the box? Any 5th grader knows you have to charge batteries first.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Poor Drone Pilot. He is posting the same story above in its own thread, but adding that this was his THIRD Solo that he had to return to BB....LOL.

Reactions: Raybro
Drone Pilot should have joined before buying and done a little reading here and on the other forums. It might have saved him a lot of trouble.
You are right. I am so disappointed with SOLO. I have a Phantom 2 and I never had any problems. Now I have learned the lesson.

Better in what really? I will stop the offtopic but just show me a awesome video created with a solo, i will show you 1000 better videos made with the P3, no mods used to get them, no fisheye removal... With a 999$ unit ready to fly with camera and everything (except the smart device).

This fix shouldnt ever be released because the solo should have this made before release, this product has not properly tested, big failure i must say.
I totally agree.

Performed the update. The controller displays Controller updated--reconnect app to SoloLink wifi--Press A to continue

Pressing A, however, doesn't make anything happen. The message remains, and I can't power the controller off.

Does the white battery harness just pull out, or is there a tab that has to be pushed or pulled first?

Oh, and by the way, I'm beginning to think 3DR may suck.
Yes,, Do not pull on wires, find small flat screwdriver and work the plug off..
Re-connect and try again,, I had the same problem with first update

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150