New Solo firmware available now 1.0.5

NYG

Reaction score
Just a small public service announcement. Especially for those with GPS issues.

where is it

Launch the app either in iOS or Android and it should prompt you to update. If it doesn't go to the area in the app to check for updates.

Of course you'll need both the controller and Solo turned on. The app has you connect to WiFi to download the update then re-connect with Sololink to update. You may need to connect to Sololink first for your current firmware version to be interrogated.

BTW there was an iOS app update for those using apple products. That became available today too.

Last edited:
Thank you NYG, just updated mine to 1.05. it does take care of some of the gps issues. Be sure you update your IOS or android app first.The app was updated 6/29/15

Here’s how to update your controller and solo to 1.05

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Happy flying.

Thanks. Irritating that they do not tell you what changed. Anyone know?

I looked through the app and did not see anything in the interface.

FYI you WILL have to enable advanced options again and reprogram your buttons.

Thanks. Irritating that they do not tell you what changed. Anyone know?

I looked through the app and did not see anything in the interface.

FYI you WILL have to enable advanced options again and reprogram your buttons.
It is. Can't find anything on their website either.

Well for what its worth, my Solo will not fly now !

Incorrectly reports full battery at -1% charge and wont fly.

Mandatory update. This is how 3DR is fixing the bad video footage everyone is posting on YouBoob until the gimbal comes out in November.

LOL

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Mandatory update. This is how 3DR is fixing the bad video footage everyone is posting on YouBoob until the gimbal comes out in November.

LOL
Did you get yours working with the update now?

LOL
rich did you get your solo back flying again?

No, wont fly.

Both batteries show -1% when they are full.

i will be doing this up date tonight.
hope it works.

i will be doing this up date tonight.
hope it works.
Oh man...
I just came home from the maiden flight of Solo #2 (the first was returned) finally, and it was flawless! I stayed within a 300 feet distance and only about 100 ft altitude - but not a single issue on a 15 minute flight.

Now I see this. Don't think I'll update yet. Sounding like DJI's fixes....lol.

Oh man...
I just came home from the maiden flight of Solo #2 (the first was returned) finally, and it was flawless! I stayed within a 300 feet distance and only about 100 ft altitude - but not a single issue on a 15 minute flight.

Now I see this. Don't think I'll update yet. Sounding like DJI's fixes....lol.
yeah know what you mean.

Performed the update. The controller displays Controller updated--reconnect app to SoloLink wifi--Press A to continue

Pressing A, however, doesn't make anything happen. The message remains, and I can't power the controller off.

Does the white battery harness just pull out, or is there a tab that has to be pushed or pulled first?

Oh, and by the way, I'm beginning to think 3DR may suck.

Reactions: GoodnNuff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig