New Solo firmware available now 1.0.5

I just turned the app alone on, and it is now telling me I have an update before I can fly. Oh well, at least I got one flawless flight in before this new wrench thrown into the works.

Performed the update. The controller displays Controller updated--reconnect app to SoloLink wifi--Press A to continue

Pressing A, however, doesn't make anything happen. The message remains, and I can't power the controller off.

Does the white battery harness just pull out, or is there a tab that has to be pushed or pulled first?

Oh, and by the way, I'm beginning to think 3DR may suck.
the same thing happened to me.
a button did not do anything.
the controler would not turn off ether.
this happend on both of the solo i had.
i just opened the battery box and took the battery out.
i did not discinect it from the controler and put the battery back in the controler with the gray foam.
put the battery hatch on and held the power button down for a few seconds and the controler shut off.
why or how this happend but that is the way it happend both times.
on new solo.

Performed the update. The controller displays Controller updated--reconnect app to SoloLink wifi--Press A to continue

Pressing A, however, doesn't make anything happen. The message remains, and I can't power the controller off.

Does the white battery harness just pull out, or is there a tab that has to be pushed or pulled first?

Oh, and by the way, I'm beginning to think 3DR may suck.

When I updated, pressing A did nothing, but I held it down for more than 3 seconds and then it finished.

nc

I just turned the app alone on, and it is now telling me I have an update before I can fly. Oh well, at least I got one flawless flight in before this new wrench thrown into the works.
tahe the props off ans go through the normal setup in your back yard to see if you get the .
press fly to start motors and press fly.
than see if the motors start and you get the press fly to take off you ahould be able to hit fly and the motors should rev up.
if they do shut them down right away so they don't get to hot.
i did this morning and everything worked.
remember props off.

tahe the props off ans go through the normal setup in your back yard to see if you get the .
press fly to start motors and press fly.
than see if the motors start and you get the press fly to take off you ahould be able to hit fly and the motors should rev up.
if they do shut them down right away so they don't get to hot.
i did this morning and everything worked.
remember props off.
Will do Dirby, thanks. I'll let you know how it goes after lunch!

It froze up after the update when I was supposed to hit "A" to continue. So I disconnected the battery and reconnected, and all was well. Even did a 2 minute hover/tiny flight in the backyard. GPS is VERY fast now!

Dirby, that did it. Thank you!

But I have to say, freaky .........
you are welcome glad it worked for you.
you should not have any more trouble shutting it off until you update the next firmware comes along.
happy flying.
let us know how it works.
thx D

Reactions: Benzo and Sarah B
Sorry to hear so many people are having issues. FWIW I performed my update and flew 2 batteries this afternoon without any issues.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Just came home and completed the update. No issues, but I did see 1 item that may cause some confusion.. After the first part of the update and the Solo and controller re-boot, there is a message on the controller to hit A to continue. The first thing I wanted to do was hit 'A'. But I noticed in small print above that statement to 're-connect Solo to WiFi, then hit A. I did that, waited for the app and the Solo to be connected and hit the A key. Controller went immediately 'searching for GPS'. Just be sure to watch the order of things. Hope this works for you..

It froze up after the update when I was supposed to hit "A" to continue. So I disconnected the battery and reconnected, and all was well. Even did a 2 minute hover/tiny flight in the backyard. GPS is VERY fast now!
This is encouraging!

I made sure my phone was connected to the Solo's wifi--three times--with no success. Moving the battery around was the only thing that worked, for reasons that make no sense at all.

I made sure my phone was connected to the Solo's wifi--three times--with no success. Moving the battery around was the only thing that worked, for reasons that make no sense at all.
Sarah.
i just finished down loading the firmware and again i could not get the a button to work.
also i had a heck of a time trying to get the controler to shut off.
i tried to disconnect the battery but that wouldn't work.
i put the battery and foam back in battery comp and it worked it shut off.
had to try everything out several times to see if it would work and it worked everytime.
hope yours works too.
thx Don

Reactions: Sarah B
This only shows one thing... People are complaining all over, i dont want to be DJIs beta tester all all that crap, but they are 3dr ALPHA tester...

People are strange...

This only shows one thing... People are complaining all over, i dont want to be DJIs beta tester all all that crap, but they are 3dr ALPHA tester...

People are strange...
maby they like the looks of the solo better than the phantom

maby they like the looks of the solo better than the phantom

All you have to do is look at what has become of the consumer grade wifi router market. Release and patch (and patch and patch and patch) is now normal. The drive to get product to market and satisfy investors supersedes the consumer and product stability.

This appears to be no different in the UAV market either.

Completed the firmware update with no issues, the download took over 5 minutes on my wifi. In total about 10 minutes to make it ready to fly. I did a startup in manual with no props in the house, 8 sats, good to go. Plan to fly in the back yard sometime today with 2 batteries.

Reactions: FlyGuy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150