if anyone could return their solo today would they do it for a karma?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hey guys,
im a new drone pilot. Im also a Best Buy Elite member as well. Ive had my eye on 3DR Solo for a year and one day it was $399. I purchased it and I love it. I get 30 day return and i have 3 days left to return. Im thinking of upgrading it to Karma for portability. I have a motorcycle and would love to be able to transport it. The 3dr bag is so bulky....but for the price i paid with the gimbal and the extra batter they Solo is a steal. thoughts? if anyone could return their solo today would they do it for a karma?

Not for the price I feel they both have there place but for portability karma is very nice! I'd wait for a bit...some of the new platforms coming out are just sick karma and mavic are nice but this industry has lots more to offer. Love the solo I've upgraded antennas WiFi card plus gps shield purchased lowpro cs400 good for the price.

Reactions: eclipseforever
would you pay $400 extra for portability. I mean the Karma doesn't even have follow mode...

No sir I'd probably buy a additional solo parts and all...no follow Me mode what's the point thought it was something of a selfie drone to Begin with! But the mavik is the one I get if size was my major concern.

what kind of shots are you expecting to get with your drone?

I needed something that I can program once, and let it do its thing (MPCC). Solo does that better than anything else currently.

Go for mavic if you want the portability

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

yeah I'm thinking the mavic too..but I'm hearing they not eve shipping on time to the first pre orders. I'm trying to get good follow me shots or whatever. the 3dr seems to be the most advanced for price

update: I preordered the Mavic a few days ago and with a release date for Oct 31 and now they send an email saying Nov 30th at best buy. I cancelled it. Go pro karma isn't even in the stores as they promised and their website says Nov 28th. I think I'm gonna stick it out with the 3dr. I was flying it over weekend and i got the bag for $50 and now with the linear mode on go pro...

Yep, the linear mode addition in the last update tickled me like no tomorrow. I was shopping around for used Peau lens kits to remove the fisheye but I found that A: they're very hard to find if not nonexistent, and B: I don't need them anymore, The linear mode works well enough by itself.
Cool deal!

Hey guys,
im a new drone pilot. Im also a Best Buy Elite member as well. Ive had my eye on 3DR Solo for a year and one day it was $399. I purchased it and I love it. I get 30 day return and i have 3 days left to return. Im thinking of upgrading it to Karma for portability. I have a motorcycle and would love to be able to transport it. The 3dr bag is so bulky....but for the price i paid with the gimbal and the extra batter they Solo is a steal. thoughts? if anyone could return their solo today would they do it for a karma?
Hey if you past the 3 days you have left and you want to return it, I'll pay you what you paid for it!!

H-

What is the linear mode your talking about? Been flying Solo since the first release but have never used it. By the way I love Solo and have been able to do anything I have wanted to do with it. But I recently ordered the Mavic because of the portability of it. But can't imagine any drone doing a better job than the Solo.

What is the linear mode your talking about? Been flying Solo since the first release but have never used it. By the way I love Solo and have been able to do anything I have wanted to do with it. But I recently ordered the Mavic because of the portability of it. But can't imagine any drone doing a better job than the Solo.
Linear mode is a GoPro setting that captures video without the fisheye effect. It only became available in the latest GoPro update, so it's very new.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc