No disrespect to anyone here, but changing bearings or motors for that fact is not an easy task. One mis-step could end in failure. If this is your first adventure for either task I would highly suggest finding someone local to assist. If only to check your work. Only so much advice here or on the interweb can provide the depth of details required. It'll be time (or money) well spent.

Good luck!

Says here that the brand is EZO T-Motor MT2216-11 v2 900Kv motor

Pity he doesn't have the 800kv.

900s would work too.
The stock motors I measured came in at around 890kv. I went with 800s, but the 900 would be ok.

No, I used the ST version (self tightening) Scott (at MR Gear) doesnt have them. They will fit on the PA029/30 T-motor prop adapters

No disrespect to anyone here, but changing bearings or motors for the fact is not an easy task. One mis-step could end in failure. If this is your first adventure for either task I would highly suggest finding someone local to assist. If only to check your work. Only so much advice here or on the interweb can provide the depth of details required. It'll be time (or money) well spent.

Good luck!
Good point @RichWest , bearing change can be tricky, easy to stuff it up.

I'm up to the task. I am going to grab myself 4 spare motor pods and upgrade those. There is one way to learn and that is to dive into the deep end off the garage roof!

One quads dealer in my country told me, that T-Motors are going to stop production of entire MT motors line. Could someone confirm or deny this?
That could be true, but then maybe they want you to buy what they have to offer instead.

I was told by a dealer that the T-Motors, whatever flavor, are built to order. Like "slow boat" from china type of order lead times. Minimum quantities apply when they order from them. I'm not aware that there is a master dealer in the US or else where sitting with endless inventory.

So this little surge for motors caught everyone in the biz off guard. Inventory depleted, great, should we buy more type of thing.....

Are there any e-clips to replace these stock clips that are on these sunnysky motors? These clips are such a pita. Has anyone done that yet?

I'm confused @RolandS888 mentioned to me that the stock motors use T-Motor criclips, they look the same as what is in his picture showing the stock motor being disassembled.

Are you wanting to replace the cir-clips with e-clips cause they work better or are they easier to remove and put back?

I did the bearing install and it seems to me as if e clips are a better alternative to install and remove.

These Damn circlips are a pita

Yea,, but there are some other factors beside shaft diameter that need to be considered, I'm not at all familiar with the rest of the dimensions (groove, height of groove, etc)

@RolandS888 Is the prop adapter M5 or M6? I'm pretty sure my prop balancer is M6, now I'm confused.

Also what are you thoughts about the Team Black Sheep motors are these just T-Motors with Team Black Sheep branding?

No disrespect to anyone here, but changing bearings or motors for that fact is not an easy task. One mis-step could end in failure. If this is your first adventure for either task I would highly suggest finding someone local to assist. If only to check your work. Only so much advice here or on the interweb can provide the depth of details required. It'll be time (or money) well spent.

Good luck!

You know that is great advice, I feel like I could do it, but why not look around and see if someone in the area would check it over. Heck I live in North Dallas surely someone around here is doing this kind of work.
For me, I would pay someone to do it almost

@RolandS888 Is the prop adapter M5 or M6? I'm pretty sure my prop balancer is M6, now I'm confused.

Also what are you thoughts about the Team Black Sheep motors are these just T-Motors with Team Black Sheep branding?
PAs are M6, see page 1.
Yes, TBS motors are (real) T-motors, badged for them.

I have several Disco pros as well with various motors, all T motors though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150