Glad to hear good stories about stock motors/hours run time. It could be maybe I had a lemon motor or maybe my own stupidy. On the river I do have my RTH set really high as bluffs on both sides of the river and always worried about that. I do believe now it may be a bit overkill especially given the accuracy of the MrO GPS.

I am assuming the intial vibration of the drone when bearing first went out maybe kicked off the WIFI connection. (Proven by the fact I could not get it to pair back after the fact) Now after reading responses I am also looking back in time thinking about any of areas I took off where thier was dirt. I did fly a couple times taking off from a gravel parking lot in marinia so maybe my own stupidty caused the issue/motor failure in the first place. Lesson learned moving forward will allways take off from something I put down and close motor inspection will now be part of my pre-flight check. Guess I never thought about dirt but makes sense now o_O (My kids had RC brushless trucks and drove them through mud all day everyday but I assume these motors are not running up so high and most likely have more beefy sealed bearings. Very interesting..... Well going to attempt to mod GP case to accomadate HDMI. I can't believe diver version for GP waterproff case that accomadates HDMI out they want 500-600 bucks. Thanks guys for sharing your experience to help offset my own stupidity.

Stevo - I'm not aware of any dramatic improvements in flight time by anyone upgrading the motors and props in a stock body. I know Robby and Jubal fly the APC 11x4.5 and both have indicated increased flight time. But for you and me, sea level flyers, the 11's would be straining the motors torque wise with our denser air. Not saying it won't work and be fine, but it does seem it is more prop than the motors can handle. Again me fly with the 800kv motors, 900kv I assume would struggle even more....fwiw.

Happy to be corrected, just what I recall over the last two years...
With the apparent scarcity of the 800kv, how do you feel about the 900 with the props you are using? Or do you have a secret source for the 800kv?:D

Stevo - I'm not aware of any dramatic improvements in flight time by anyone upgrading the motors and props in a stock body. I know Robby and Jubal fly the APC 11x4.5 and both have indicated increased flight time. But for you and me, sea level flyers, the 11's would be straining the motors torque wise with our denser air. Not saying it won't work and be fine, but it does seem it is more prop than the motors can handle. Again me fly with the 800kv motors, 900kv I assume would struggle even more....fwiw.

Happy to be corrected, just what I recall over the last two years...
Thx Rich, I was hoping you be the one to chime in,
I think this still is, the best discussion thread for Solo Motors on the net.
Many contributors. like yourself that helped to make this possible, Although from skipping "Nostalgically" thur these pages, I find myself coming to the conclusion that, Solo Motors are Good enough & when their ready to be replaced "Soon" then ether original or the T-Motor 2216 800kV Should work for me another 18-24 months is good enough.
I may play a bit the the size of the props.

One less nightmare
Thx

Reactions: RichWest
I almost bought the PAs from them and then backed out at the last moment, they were shipping from Taiwan I believe. Just got a bad juju feeling about the website for whatever reason. Just one of those things I guess.

I ordered the adaptors from them, they shipped fine and they were received reasonably quickly. I get cold feet on some sites, but TBS seems to be a well enough established company that I wasn't worried with them specifically. And they take PayPal, so there's some good buyer-protection there. I definitely wanted to use the stock props, since from what I've been able to gather, they perform quite well and I have something like 8 full sets. Bought spares with my first Solo, the Best Buy Solos came with extras, and I haven't so much as scratched a single one of them.

Reactions: RichWest
With the apparent scarcity of the 800kv, how do you feel about the 900 with the props you are using? Or do you have a secret source for the 800kv?:D
Sorry I've got no opinion on the 900kv, @Jubalr has them iirc....and maybe another user long gone.... Me personally, buy high quality EZO bearings only and replace the ones in your motors. Money and time well spent.

User_Name, TBS has been well spoken about for several years in my memory. I have certain net usage rules that I ask others within my responsibility to comply with, so in this case I hit one of my rules and backed out. fwiw, I don't do ebay, amazon or paypal either. Limits my resources, but I've learned to live with less and done fairly well improvising with what I do have available. I appreciate the referral all the same.

fwiw, I don't do ebay, amazon or paypal either. Limits my resources, but I've learned to live with less and done fairly well improvising with what I do have available. I appreciate the referral all the same.

I'm not sure my wife could live without Amazon! :p I've shopped at sites that looked a bit sketchy, but luckily, I've never had problems. But I totally get refraining. I'm sure some day I'll get bitten!

Oh, I sent you a few things... should be getting them soon. ;)

I'm not sure my wife could live without Amazon! :p I've shopped at sites that looked a bit sketchy, but luckily, I've never had problems. But I totally get refraining. I'm sure some day I'll get bitten!

Oh, I sent you a few things... should be getting them soon. ;)
More things.....COOOOL!!!!!

Even sitting between two huge malls, my wife and daughter have both found online shopping equally fulfilling of one's leisure time and everything is always on sale!!!!. But then again, I haven't stepped into a mail in nearly 10 years. Life is pretty good, Solo's are on sale!!!! :D:D:cool:

RiverPilot, FYI, I got a verbal warning from LE a couple weeks ago flying my Solo over my wife kayaking on the St Croix out of Osceola area (Minnesota side). Seems the St Croix is National Park land, as is the Mississippi.

Despite the fact that many continue to identify the stock Solo motors as Sunnysky 2216's, the powers that be continue to insist that they are proprietary Tigers, OEM'd for 3DR.
I just confirmed directly with T-Motor sales: Yes, the Solo motors were manufactured by T-Motor for 3DR. About lubricating the motors: "This motor unable to do maintenance, because it was oil seal procedure. So after certain using time, we suggest user change the motor directly." I am going to guess that the rep meant the bearings are sealed bearings.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Is it just me or what? Seems that these Chinese companies are getting more and more lax on trying to use proper English.

Just found this thread....just when I was starting to think my SOLO was the shiznit as far as mods...im reminded that it isn't.

Definitely going to add motor swaps to the list of future mods. [emoji41]

Definitely going to add motor swaps to the list of future mods.
emoji41.png

For immediate satisfaction, consider swapping out your existing bearings.

Other than price and Manufacturer, I see no difference. All dimensions are the same.
Lumenier is GetFPV's private labeled brand, as T-Motor is getting out of the retail motor biz.... GetFPV said they were the same build, just their branded product made by T-Motors.

The MT's are old-new stock, priced accordingly to what they paid is likely the reason.

Lumenier is GetFPV's private labeled brand, as T-Motor is getting out of the retail motor biz.... GetFPV said they were the same build, just their branded product made by T-Motors.

The MT's are old-new stock, priced accordingly to what they paid is likely the reason.
So effectively the same Motor, just a different wrapper. Thanks, I ordered 4.

Do you have a link to a source?
Search the forum, several threads provide all the details you would need specific to Solo motor pods bearing replacement. I have flown with T-Motors for some time now, so I'm fairly removed from the details. I did document everything, so it is out there...

Reactions: Saijin_Naib

I just might do that. I always know when its returning because of the squeaking...sounds like it's gonna fall apart or something. Thanks for the tip

Reactions: Coastwise

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig