Reaction score
Hi,

I've read on several threads that action cams with HDMI out work with the Solo, and since a GoPro is a bit spendy, I hoped to use one of these less expensive devices. I hooked the device up to my new Solo, powered up in the recommended order, and was presented with video like the screenshot below on my iPhone 7. (The screenshot is of the Settings screen, but same happens with live video.)

I tried another, similar camera and an iPad with the same results. I hooked the camera to a TV and it displays correctly, shown as 1080i. Oddly, there is one menu screen (to choose between still and video) that displays properly.

Another thread suggested that the problem might be with the internal HDMI connection, so I disassembled and made sure this was seated completely. Afterwards, the same problem persisted. Also toggled between 1080 and 720 on the camera to no avail.

Is there something I am overlooking? Are some cameras to be avoided? Might the Solo be defective? (These cameras boot as "Action Camera...Be Unique" and display "SportsCam 8 150828" on the Settings->Version menu.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Robert
upload_2018-1-4_19-53-57.png

I had the same issue with the Xiaomi Yi camera. Couldn't get live feed after trying everything. Checked hdmi port inside Solo, made sure hdmi out port on the Yi was working by connecting to a HDTV, tried all sorts of powering on sequences. Nothing worked until I bought a Gopro 4 black.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc