No Camera view in any app. ONLY BLACK Trying once again to solve the mystery

I have Two Solos. Two gimbals (one never flown) and one Gopro Hero 3.
I have thoroughly tested the camera and both of the HDMI cables that connect the gimbal to the mi6 Sololink (or whatever it's called) that is to say I tested them OUTSIDE of the Solo using an independent RCA monitor and an Eachine Goggles2 FPV headset. Each have HDMI input ports. The CAMERA and the 2 HDMI cables are all working perfectly. Not even a flicker.

I reinstalled the HDMI cables inside solo and tried the camera / gimbal combo on both Solos.
Same results on each. Everything works except there is no camera view in the app. Not in Solex, not in Side Pilot, Nor the 3dR Solo app. The gimbal responds, pans up and down, and I can trigger the camera to start and stop filming, change settings and yet still NO LIVE CAMERA VIEW IN ANY APP.

THE VIDEO THAT RECORDS IN THE APP IS BLACK. It's filming for as long as I tell it to but it's nothing but SOLID BLACK .

I also tried connecting the HDMI directly to the camera using the fixed camera mount. Still no picture.

I also tested the HDMI out of the controller to the FPV goggles. Same as the app. Nothing but BLACK.

What is left to trouble shoot? The HDMI port on TWO different SoloLinks? It seems unlikely they would both be bad but stranger things have happened.

I may have a few spare Sololinks from salvaged Solos but how can I ensure integrity? Not only in the video link but in all other vital functions?

I have MISSION PLANNER on a Mac that I'm not exactly savvy with but I can get around on a few operations.

Please if ANYONE CAN SUGGEST WHAT ELSE I CAN DO TO SOLVE THIS NO CAMERA VIEW CONUNDRUM I WILL BE EXTREMELY GRATEFUL.

also suggestions on swapping out the soloLink with regard to testing for good operating condition. I guess if it doesn't pass preflight checks or finish start up sequence I can assume it's no good. Is that a big Duh! or a BIG DUH DOH!?
I have the same issues, I tried even a GoPro 4 , same as your description, is not the HDMI cable for sure.

Reactions: MilesGrubbs
I have the same issues, I tried even a GoPro 4 , same as your description, is not the HDMI cable for sure.
Yea I’m having the same issue. On the Side Pilot app, I get a black screen and the controller won’t connect to the gimbal. Gimbal is on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc