I need some basic info for my new Solo, I really appreciate the help

Reaction score
Well the solo app is not compatible with my phone, i just got my phone 2 months ago, Alcatel idol3
so I guess i need to pay for this other solax app that could work. now i got this drone because i have a gopro hero 3 black+ ... i bought the solo and i order the gimbal from best buy, but with all these new updates im getting scared my gopro won't work.... :/ can somebody please give some basic 101 on that, i would really appreciate all the info and help. thank you :)

Reactions: Solo Keith
Please post only once....3 times is excessive

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Welcome Ivan! The Hero 3+ black will work fine but I believe you will need to turn it on manually after placing it in the gimbal, before flight. It won't come on automatically when you power Solo up.

Solex is a great app for Solo- many people feel it is better than the 3DR app. I don't use the 3DR app anymore.

Make sure to read the owners manual which you can download from the support section of the 3D Robotics website , if you haven't already.

Welcome Ivan! The Hero 3+ black will work fine but I believe you will need to turn it on manually after placing it in the gimbal, before flight. It won't come on automatically when you power Solo up.

Solex is a great app for Solo- many people feel it is better than the 3DR app. I don't use the 3DR app anymore.

Make sure to read the owners manual which you can download from the support section of the 3D Robotics website , if you haven't already.
Thank you, Maddog ! I really appreciate the info

you are going to need the solo app to do the updates, which is required before the first flight. Hopefully you can find a friend to borrow one. Solex is great, but currently does not do updates. I suggest a 7 or 8 inch android tablet as K1 Nvidia or Nexus 7 (2013)

you are going to need the solo app to do the updates, which is required before the first flight. Hopefully you can find a friend to borrow one. Solex is great, but currently does not do updates. I suggest a 7 or 8 inch android tablet as K1 Nvidia or Nexus 7 (2013)
Good point- I forgot about that.:oops:

Reactions: Ivan Riobla
you are going to need the solo app to do th updates, which is required before the first flight. Hopefully you can find a friend to borrow one. Solex is great, but currently does not do updates. I suggest a 7 or 8 inch android tablet as K1 Nvidia or Nexus 7 (2013)
drewjet Thank you for the info i really appreciate that .... i got to that conclusion of needing a phone with the solo app to update... that nexus 7 2013 is that a first Gen or second? and another question, is that tablet support the normal solo app? I'm wondering what android version is needed, because my phone has a new version well not the Android 7 Nougat but right under, the nougat just came out...

How to: Install the 3DR Solo App on an "Incompatible" Android Device ( What do ya think about that ?)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How to: Install the 3DR Solo App on an "Incompatible" Android Device ( What do ya think about that ?)

You can try it. it won't hurt anything.

drewjet Thank you for the info i really appreciate that .... i got to that conclusion of needing a phone with the solo app to update... that nexus 7 2013 is that a first Gen or second? and another question, is that tablet support the normal solo app? I'm wondering what android version is needed, because my phone has a new version well not the Android 7 Nougat but right under, the nougat just came out...

My suggestion is get the 2013, which is the second generation, get the one that takes a sim card so you can have internet and WiFi at the same time without having to do a Bluetooth tether, as that is so slow.

i just used that info from the video and was able to install the app in about 3 minutes flat Lol

now i hope it works.... Lol

My suggestion is get the 2013, which is the second generation, get the one that takes a sim card so you can have internet and WiFi at the same time without having to do a Bluetooth tether, as that is so slow.
NICE NICE ..... Awesome info.... thanx... i really appreciate that.

I tried side loading the Solo app on my Nexus 7 2012 running 5.1 which is listed as not compatible and it would freeze ,lock , up etc.. What's funny is Solex runs great on it with no issues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc