Hello again, trouble signing in with email on solo app.

Reaction score
Hello everyone! So here's the problem everyone, I was helping a new solo drone owner setting up his drone and he couldn't use his gmail to login to the 3DR app. He was using the correct information and even reset his password to make sure with no luck at all. Sooo, I logged out of my details on my phone and tried to log back in with the same exact details and I only get unsuccessful login after puttting my details in. I'm not sure what's going on but my only guess is that 3DR is having technical issues at the moment. Does anybody know about this issue at the moment?
Thanks everyone.

You are headed down some rabbit hole that doesn't even exist. You don't need any email service, account, or personal "details"... whatever that means. You don't even need the 3DR App to fly Solo, though the initial updates come through the App (and Internet) when connecting your device (phone) to the rest of the Solo system. The correct procedure must be followed to do this.

I can see that you haven't read the manual. Google "3DR Solo Manual", download it from the 3DR site and read it. If you still can't figure it out, come back with your questions.

You are headed down some rabbit hole that doesn't even exist. You don't need any email service, account, or personal "details"... whatever that means. You don't even need the 3DR App to fly Solo, though the initial updates come through the App (and Internet) when connecting your device (phone) to the rest of the Solo system. The correct procedure must be followed to do this.

I can see that you haven't read the manual. Google "3DR Solo Manual", download it from the 3DR site and read it. If you still can't figure it out, come back with your questions.
Actually I have read the manual for the record, I have it saved on my phone as a PDF. I have been flying for awhile now and actually had a simple question. Way to go on assuming something that is inncorrect. That is the problem with society now a days, people like you are imbeciles and think you are always correct.
On a couple points you attempted to make.
1. Yes you should have your app connected because if you need to recalibrate your device your device you will need your app.
2. I don't think you should post the things you said because people that visit this site as guests may see your unintelligent reply and assume all of their setting are 100% ok and how they left them and are gucci.
3. Actually, for your information when I first got my drone right before I picked it up, I downloaded the app and signed in. It's LITERALLY the first option that appears when you goto the app and hit setting. Maybe YOU should know what the app has and doesn't have so you can better help others in the future. But as of right now, you are absolutely zero help whatsoever because you don't even use the app and don't know what options there are in the app.
So do everyone a favor and don't feel the need to comment with such trash in your response.
4. You said "details, whatever that means"
I'm sure 98% of people that actually use email know that "email details" means your login information, such as your password.
5. Just do yourself a favor and actually use the app so you can set your sensitivity speed all the way to "slow" so you don't actually hurt someone else. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Travelfox
Alright just so there's no confusion after this moment because a recent reply has shown the ignorance in this world. So let me just clarify my problem.
1. Helping NEW owner set his drone and app up completely.
2. Can't sign in on the app with any email.
3. Reason to sign in is because it actually will tell you exactly how many minutes and hours you have actually flown your solo drone.
-also to have better customer support access and flight log data, but mainly for total flight time.
Some may not know this, for example Sardg obviously doesn't know this feature.
4. I then logged out of my email in the 3DR app and tried to log back in right away, USING MY EMAIL ON THE SOLO APP.
5. Even with exact password I get the same unsuccessful login, try again.
6. So, I restarted app with still zero luck, then I delteted app and still no luck logging In on my email to use with the 3DR app.
7. I'm thinking it's just their server issues at the moment.

And please everyone, you should fly with your app connected to your drone and remote most of the time so you can change setting and be safe.
SARDG is just asking for trouble.

Short answer: the feature was turned off

Long winded answer:

You can use the app without signing in. I was in the same boat as you. When I got my first solo, I downloaded the app before even receiving the solo. I created an account and signed in. After I received my drone, still logged in, I updated my solo. Next, I did the calibrations. Things dragged on and on and never completed. While trouble shooting, I logged out as one of the steps and couldn't log back in. I submitted a ticket and got a response days later saying that the feature was turned off and no longer needed. I never knew there was a record of your total flight time if you logged in. Was it actual flight time or time the solo was on?

My Solo app on my phone has been logged in for months, througout updates, but I had a fresh Solo app install on a new tablet that I just checked and it said Update Available and downloaded updates to device without login. I remember skipping that login long ago on an older tablet to get flying.

When you submit a ticket, it shouldn't require that initial login either as it simply asks for your email address and there is no longer a specific Solo warranty registration.

Short answer: the feature was turned off

Long winded answer:

You can use the app without signing in. I was in the same boat as you. When I got my first solo, I downloaded the app before even receiving the solo. I created an account and signed in. After I received my drone, still logged in, I updated my solo. Next, I did the calibrations. Things dragged on and on and never completed. While trouble shooting, I logged out as one of the steps and couldn't log back in. I submitted a ticket and got a response days later saying that the feature was turned off and no longer needed. I never knew there was a record of your total flight time if you logged in. Was it actual flight time or time the solo was on?
Hey, thank YOU for your nice response. Yes I'm simply helping someone set theirs up and he was having troubles logging in by email through the app, so I tried mine and logged out and now I can't log back in. I believe it was the total time in the air with motors on. Not just with the battery on. It was nice to see the exact minutes of flying I had using the solo. I didn't see this feature untill about 2-3 weeks ago when I was playing around in the app.
If it was total time the solo was on It probably would have been couple hours extra in standby.

Also Sardg, I believe you should be more friendly to fellow drone pilots and owners especially on this forum. Instead of being helpful you assumed I was a rookie and insulted my intellegnce. If you don't have positive thoughts to offer then please don't offer half @ss opinions and replies when you don't know everything your self. It came across very rude and doesn't show brotherhood when it comes to this forum. I hope you understand my point of view and where I'm coming from.
Thank you all for all your help. My question and concern has been answered. I appreciate this.

If logging total flight time is important to you or your friend, Solex will do that. But, it only runs on android and you have to pay for it.

I use it with my Android device and like it a lot.

Just wanted to make you aware of this option if you weren't already aware.

If logging total flight time is important to you or your friend, Solex will do that. But, it only runs on android and you have to pay for it.

Does that mean if you want it to capture your total flight time, you have to move over to Solex exclusively? Or is there some logfile its accessing on the Solo that logs the total flight time?

I plan on picking up Solex, but wanted to get proficient with the 3DR app first.

Thanks

Does that mean if you want it to capture your total flight time, you have to move over to Solex exclusively? Or is there some logfile its accessing on the Solo that logs the total flight time?

I plan on picking up Solex, but wanted to get proficient with the 3DR app first.

Thanks
Hmm- good question. I don't know.:(

If you download your logs to Mission Planner, it may have the flight time recorded there but I'm not that familiar with MP and flight logs.

Just tossing this in here, the app no longer allows you to register your Solo nor is there any way to do on the 3DR site. Thus the unsuccessful message. It's my understanding from reading the threads here that you can still submit a trouble ticket via the app and that the original warranty remains valid.

Just tossing this in here, the app no longer allows you to register your Solo nor is there any way to do on the 3DR site. Thus the unsuccessful message. It's my understanding from reading the threads here that you can still submit a trouble ticket via the app and that the original warranty remains valid.
Ah thank you. That makes sense. Kinda bummed that I logged out and tried to log back in. Well it would have happened eventually anyways.

At the moment I don't really think I will miss the total flight time. It does suck knowing that is gone. Only problem with running different applications is that I don't have an android capable of it. I tried with an old android tablet with no luck. I don't have plans on getting an android, but definitely a GoPro hero 4 silver sooner then later. I have to wait for my eBay dispute to resolve because I bought one off there and the seller is a scammer I believe and come to conclusion. As soon as I placed the order I found GoPro company actually had used ones for cheaper w/warranty and accepted paypal credit as well. Shame on me

At the moment I don't really think I will miss the total flight time. It does suck knowing that is gone. Only problem with running different applications is that I don't have an android capable of it. I tried with an old android tablet with no luck. I don't have plans on getting an android, but definitely a GoPro hero 4 silver sooner then later. I have to wait for my eBay dispute to resolve because I bought one off there and the seller is a scammer I believe and come to conclusion. As soon as I placed the order I found GoPro company actually had used ones for cheaper w/warranty and accepted paypal credit as well. Shame on me
That sucks about your eBay problem.

I actually bought my Nexus to run autonomous missions with Tower. Don't know if I would have bought it just for Solex- maybe.

Didn't want to use my iPhone, so got a shield k1. needed a tablet for other things in addition to flying a drone, so I splurged a bit.

Yeah the scammers on eBay are real and still around as of today lol. As soon as I asked the seller to cancel my order he waited one day and then marked the item as already shipped. He then sent me a message saying "you suck donkey b@lls".That was 14 days ago. I always get tracking details but instead it has shown absolutely nothing for it. So yesterday I submitted a refund request that he has 4 days to reply to and after 4 days I can escalate it to a dispute. I'm kind of bummed out because of this. I was really looking forward to having a hero 4 and being able to use the gimble as well. Well I have buyers remorse but at least if it turns out a scam I used PayPal credit and have eBay protection as well has PayPal help too.
Thanks everyone for helping me out!! And EVERYONE, please remember to be friendly to all the members on here. I have already had 3 people go out and buy this drone after they saw me flying mine and me letting them take controll for a few minutes. Everyone absolutely falls in love with it!

Reactions: Maddog
Didn't want to use my iPhone, so got a shield k1. needed a tablet for other things in addition to flying a drone, so I splurged a bit.
The iPhone is good for live feed and using the 3DR app. I occasionally had the app close out completely and restart. After switching to the 7 plus it's hasn't done that. My old iPhone 6 was a problem child for sure.

Yeah the scammers on eBay are real and still around as of today lol. As soon as I asked the seller to cancel my order he waited one day and then marked the item as already shipped. He then sent me a message saying "you suck donkey b@lls".That was 14 days ago. I always get tracking details but instead it has shown absolutely nothing for it. So yesterday I submitted a refund request that he has 4 days to reply to and after 4 days I can escalate it to a dispute. I'm kind of bummed out because of this. I was really looking forward to having a hero 4 and being able to use the gimble as well. Well I have buyers remorse but at least if it turns out a scam I used PayPal credit and have eBay protection as well has PayPal help too.
Thanks everyone for helping me out!! And EVERYONE, please remember to be friendly to all the members on here. I have already had 3 people go out and buy this drone after they saw me flying mine and me letting them take controll for a few minutes. Everyone absolutely falls in love with it!
Wow- somebody like that should be banned from eBay!

Mind telling us who he is so we don't deal with him also?

Wow- somebody like that should be banned from eBay!

Mind telling us who he is so we don't deal with him also?
Hey I can provide his name for his eBay. I had search criteria in place for returns accepted, warranty available, and 1000 mile radius around me for faster shipping to me me. I also thought the reviews of the GoPro its self as a whole were reviews other buyers left for the seller on the product page himself. I'm normally good at buying from legit Sellers's but this time I was at work and was in a rush. I didn't know he had absolutely zero feedback. I thought the products reviews were his personal feedback about him.
Name is seller:asancerist-0
After looking at his feedback it looks like my suspicions are confirmed that it is a scammer. The two negative feedback are new and not front me. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.
It looks like my dispute will be an easy win for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc