GoPro Returns Home Prematurely /w strange behaviors

Reaction score
Website
www.westernrockart.org
I have a friend (no, really) who experienced the following:

A) flying over the oceans of venus (actually San Clemente, CA), into the sun, solo controller says GUIDE and then returned home.

WHY?

B) returning with low battery (down to 6% while manual landing), touched down (beeping noise), the bird tried to take off again uncontrolled, (may have said home), flipped over, and props were grinding. had to turn off controller and then it finally stopped.

Running SOLEX v1.6.0

Anyone have an explanation? How to diagnose?

I am stull trying to figure out your post
wanna try that in something other than Californian
Maybe we can help?

(levity totally in play here dude)

I can't speak to Solex but I had the same problem with a Solo last year. I was using auto land, it landed and then started to fire back up and flipped. Would not turn off. I literally never used auto land ever again with any drone.

You're going to have to ask these questions again like a normal english speaking human being.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say "Pilot error" enjoy the weather on Venus.

BTW: Have you guys even read the Manual? If so you would of been aware on how to shut down the motors, without shutting down the controller. Hint "press A+B+Pause"

Last edited:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say "Pilot error" enjoy the weather on Venus.

BTW: Have you guys even read the Manual? If so you would of been aware on how to shut down the motors, without shutting down the controller. Hint "press A+B+Pause"

True, for me I just kinda panicked for a minute. It totally caught me by surprise. The flight was over, I had relaxed and was walking over to pick up my drone as I had done dozens of times. I can admit to being imperfect. I'm sure you have memorized every word of the manual...

Not really but I did at least read through it and made sure I knew what to do if/when I got into trouble which I did on more than one occasion. But this is not about me? The OP was asking for help and that was my reply.

Um maybe I'm not reading it right but I responded to the op, said it happened to me too and you replied about "you guys (plural) not reading the manual, so I thought that included me. My apologies for getting it wrong.

Reactions: XevetS
I never try to stir stuff up its not worth it and it was certainly not directed at you, he was asking the question for a second person. I only felt the OP was being a little rude that's why my factitious reply yeah I know I was being kind of a d!@k.

oh BTW: I asked some really dumb questions on my quest with the SOLO and got smacked around by Paddles so its all his fault,

you know I'm just kidding lol, but it did happen I swear.

We were all once Noobs when it comes to the SOLO. I still get the jitters every time I take off.

Last edited:
I never try to stir stuff up its not worth it and it was certainly not directed at you, he was asking the question for a second person. I only felt the OP was being a little rude that's why my factitious reply yeah I know I was being kind of a d!@k.
Stirring stuff up, hmmm, sound like you were calling me out..... Takes one to know one....d!@k. ;)

oh BTW: I asked some really dumb questions on my quest with the SOLO and got smacked around by Paddles so its all his fault,

you know I'm just kidding lol, but it did happen I swear.

We were all once Noobs when it comes to the SOLO. I still get the jitters every time I take off.

I'm of two minds when it comes to the Solo. I hate the uncertainty whenever I fly the Solo but I sometimes find myself almost bored when I fly my Mavic. My flip over happened right after I got my Solo btw. I did read the manual, I did watch all of the videos but if you took drivers ed in the summer, all the videos and class time in the world didn't really prepare you for that first slide in the ice the next winter.

Reactions: artcuda
I'm of two minds when it comes to the Solo. I hate the uncertainty whenever I fly the Solo but I sometimes find myself almost bored when I fly my Mavic. My flip over happened right after I got my Solo btw. I did read the manual, I did watch all of the videos but if you took drivers ed in the summer, all the videos and class time in the world didn't really prepare you for that first slide in the ice the next winter.
I had the same exact thing happen to me landed and held sticks down and out, only because that's how I was used to disarming another quad I have, muscle memory came into play here. This resulted in the solo trying to fly off, I had to literally step on the solo Because of my mistake. And I had read the Manual beforehand so my reply to the OP really was a moot point I guess. Because stuff will happen and it always seems to be at the worst moment...Murphy's Law in action....

I had the same exact thing happen to me landed and held sticks down and out, only because that's how I was used to disarming another quad I have, muscle memory came into play here. This resulted in the solo trying to fly off, I had to literally step on the solo Because of my mistake. And I had read the Manual beforehand so my reply to the OP really was a moot point I guess. Because stuff will happen and it always seems to be at the worst moment...Murphy's Law in action....

Glass houses, bro! Hahaha! I've never had to use A+B+ PAUSE myself but like I said, I never use auto land anymore. I had gotten complacent and overly relaxed with my success with the platform previously. It bit me in the butt!

Reactions: XevetS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo