GoPro Returns Home Prematurely /w strange behaviors

I'm sure there is a thread on this issue here with a fix! I would look but it's 5:30AM, and I have to work in 4 hours. In the mean time, enable the "kill" switch in Solex.

I have a friend (no, really) who experienced the following:

A) flying over the oceans of venus (actually San Clemente, CA), into the sun, solo controller says GUIDE and then returned home.

WHY?

B) returning with low battery (down to 6% while manual landing), touched down (beeping noise), the bird tried to take off again uncontrolled, (may have said home), flipped over, and props were grinding. had to turn off controller and then it finally stopped.

Running SOLEX v1.6.0

Anyone have an explanation? How to diagnose?

A) flying over the oceans of venus (actually San Clemente, CA), into the sun, solo controller says GUIDE and then returned home.
WHY?
You... I mean your friend.... went out of range, "Guided" mode kicked and an RTL took place.

B) returning with low battery (down to 6% while manual landing), touched down (beeping noise), the bird tried to take off again uncontrolled, (may have said home), flipped over, and props were grinding. had to turn off controller and then it finally stopped.
You .... I mean your friend... either used Autoland on the stock solo software which gets it's kicks out of flipping the bird over when it lands... or you landed on uneven ground, solo increased throttle to try and level itself resulting in it flipping itself over. Either way, land in manual mode and read your manual, especially the part about killing the motors via the controller.

Also, if you're going to let it autoland, I've found the 3DR SiteScan v1.53 firmware to be incredibly reliable in this regard across my two work Solos (2.5k acres mapped, etc etc)

Be aware that it does take a few seconds for it to figure out if it is "down", but it never gives me any issues.

WHY?
You... I mean your friend.... went out of range, "Guided" mode kicked and an RTL took place.

You .... I mean your friend... either used Autoland on the stock solo software which gets it's kicks out of flipping the bird over when it lands... or you landed on uneven ground, solo increased throttle to try and level itself resulting in it flipping itself over. Either way, land in manual mode and read your manual, especially the part about killing the motors via the controller.

Aww man, "it gets it's kicks...." hahaha!

You know, we all missed the obvious problem that was originally stated. Go Pro returns home prematurely W strange behaviors". So the solo is flying along and the gopro detaches and comes home? That is bloody strange behavior... I mean think about it, a semi autonomous Gopro.. scary stuff!

Reactions: carpy
You know, we all missed the obvious problem that was originally stated. Go Pro returns home prematurely W strange behaviors". So the solo is flying along and the gopro detaches and comes home? That is bloody strange behavior... I mean think about it, a semi autonomous Gopro.. scary stuff!
I wonder if we could find something in the logs... :) Something like this maybe when the GoPro detaches.

Attachments

• script.pdf
    283.6 KB · Views: 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela