Gimbal points slightly right

I've got the exact same problem with my gimbal being a tiny bit to the right.

I just got done jacking with the cables for about the fifth time to make sure they were exactly as per the instructions and then removing the battery tray to check. The motor was being forced off center a bit because the gimbal cable needed a little slack, so I corrected that and all looked well.

Fired it up and the camera is still to the right a little the same as before.

I'm gonna fly it and see if it even works at all during flight before I do anything else or call in.

So far I've spent about 5 minutes flying this damn thing and about 3 hours farting around with the freaking gimbal. I'm rapidly losing interest in the whole deal.

Reactions: Raybro
It's fun farting around with it but a lot funner flying it!:D
I've been told slightly to the right is normal and have heard others mention theirs is the same way. Made me feel like mine wasn't right because it's pointing straight ahead.

Last edited:
It's fun farting around with it but a lot funner flying it!:D
I've been told slightly to the right is normal and have hear others mention theirs is the same way. Made me feel like mine wasn't right because it's pointing straight ahead.

Slightly right can't be normal, because in orbit mode, it points the Solo's airframe at the subject based on the compass. So if your gimbal isn't aligned with the airframe, it'll be impossible to keep a subject in the center of the frame on orbit, and there's no way to compensate for this in the orbit mode.

If they mean ever so slightly, that's one thing, but 2 degrees would be too much, and the 5-6 degrees some of us are seeing is definitely not normal. Here's a video of mine - it points directly ahead until it's powered up, then points right. Definitely not normal.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Raybro
Slightly right can't be normal, because in orbit mode, it points the Solo's airframe at the subject based on the compass. So if your gimbal isn't aligned with the airframe, it'll be impossible to keep a subject in the center of the frame on orbit, and there's no way to compensate for this in the orbit mode.

If they mean ever so slightly, that's one thing, but 2 degrees would be too much, and the 5-6 degrees some of us are seeing is definitely not normal. Here's a video of mine - it points directly ahead until it's powered up, then points right. Definitely not normal.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Mine is pretty much straight ahead. If I look down the leading edge of the body, the camera is lines up with the body edge.
My P2 gimbal is slightly right and is noticeable when I view the video. It looks like your flying an airplane in a heavy crosswind and cabbing along.

do a level calibration outside if possible and then even if it is leaning slight right fly it
it will normally straighten out. Used to worry about it when mine did it now I don't even think about it

Thanks for the tips. I'll think positive until I have a chance to actually test it in flight.

My first test flight with the gimbal it was totally out of control. Hopefully that was wire placement issues that are now fixed.

Anywho....gusts up to 45 miles per hour tomorrow, so I'm hoping Thursday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea