Getting new GoPro first one ever to use with gimble

Reaction score
quick question everyone :)
Does the hero 4 silver work fully with the gimble and all controls I hear about it from other users being able to do?

And last but not least will I have to detach the gimble every time I want to put it back in the carrying case it came with?
Just wondering if there will be any room in there. I will be able to test it out way later tonight to see if the gimble will fit in there.

Also b4 I did have the gimble attached it was very limp and didn't hold position without a camera in it. Is that normal for it to not swivels and move without a camera attached yet? I have two gimbles from my solos incase that one doesn't work.
Thanks everyone and this post should be helpful for others bcuz I couldn't find anything on the carrying case the drone comes in new if the gimble will fit in there.
Thanks everyone for your help! I really appreciate it.

at current price points get a hero 4 black and live happily ever after
I have the solo back pack
my gimbal stays on all the time
and yes with no power it will flop around, even more with no camera in it
some people buy a gimbal lock, or use the foam block that came with the gimbal
there is a soft foam pad in the back pack that cradles the gimbal without a lock

Reactions: SARDG
there is a soft foam pad in the back pack that cradles the gimbal without a lock
Hey thank you for yoUr reply! Does it fit in the carrying case that came with the drone? You know the one that doesn't have zippers at all just Velcro on one end and notches that align up all the way?

I'm excited to have the gimble with full access and have a go pro 4 as well. I'm looking forward to it a lot!

I already ordered the hero4 silver. I like the screen on the back. But thank you for your recommendation :)

Hey thank you for yoUr reply! Does it fit in the carrying case that came with the drone? You know the one that doesn't have zippers at all just Velcro on one end and notches that align up all the way?
Are you talking about the black box Solo came in? If so, it's not the best way to carry Solo but better than nothing.
Once you put the gimbal on, leave it. Taking it off just increases the risk of damaging something internally.

I have the H4Silver and it works with Solo just like the black.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela