Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I've just recently picked up a 3DR Solo. Its not my first drone I currently own 2 Parrot Bebop 2 Power. I've been using them for creating web content videos and some photography. Here's my Vimeo page with a ton of content all created with the Bebop 2

www.vimeo.com/20eight2

I bought a Solo for the payload abilities. Im currently working with a Z Camera Micro 4/3 and 2 YI Action Cams. I've owned it now for only 24hours and so far both camera will allow for streaming through the regular Solo App.

I see the Solo in providing the ability to get really HD shots, not being that far away and setting the Solo up in a position where it does not have to maneuver extremely fast, really crisp clear with the higher end cameras attached to it & the Bebop 2 for long range, fast follow cams and indoor shooting.

My questions for all of you and respectfully in your knowledge to share which I hope to somehow return the favors are:

Antenna up-grades for long distance shooting.

Solex, Side Pilot, etc - current using the Solo app with no problems but ive read a bunch of mixed reviews.

Upgrades and software upgrades?

I really am happy with the product in the past 24 hours and I just want to be able to keep using this platform as long as I can. I know 3DR customer service isnt really there and so for software upgrades etc, Im realizing its on me for this.

So in a perfect world, what would be your advice in creating an adaptable drone with the 3DR as my base platform?

Just for Starters a 3DR Gimbal with a GoPro HERO 4 Black and Solex (works with a wide variety of android devices) and you will have the best Platform for the SOLO..It's the best way to go on the SOLO its designed for getting that "shot" plus a whole lot more....Yes you can use Tower, Side pilot, mission planner etc etc.

As far as antennas do a search it will bring up countless threads on the subject, but you can only go so far as the SOLO is limited to its battery..

Reactions: ccfirehawk
The gimbal, hero4 Black with flat lens is the best solo gets.
There are some that have a hero5/6 flying on solo with a Storm32 gimbal but you have to be comfortable hacking things up a bit

one guy that I know of got the Zcam on a solo with a walkera gimbal.
I think flight time took a hit but it works

He has several videos on his channel
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am going a different route, but it is not a cheap solo
29570379_608160472863856_8591085072597255061_n.jpg

Reactions: ccfirehawk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc