Whats your max solo range to date?

Been taking it easy because just got it flying again after burning out motor in crash (my fault).

So far furthest I've gone is about 2400 feet at 400 feet altitude (stock attenae) before getting into red. Have always stopped before auto RTH.

Here are a couple screenshots from around 2050 feet. Will try to push it later.
View attachment 1240 View attachment 1241 View attachment 1240 View attachment 1241 View attachment 1240 View attachment 1241

Today took it to about 4100ft at 380ft elevation before getting red (see pic). Still all stock. Confident I can get mile+ because after took that pic shifted my position and got 2 bars back.tmp_14095-IMG_20150921_183659-1306325519.jpg

Reactions: Raybro
4200' stock.

1.3 miles with FPVLR v2. Might have been able to go further as I was more concerned with being able to make it back since I flew slow to get out there. No signal loss.

Took my solo to wyoming where all conditions would be perfect for such a test
I got 2 miles with fpvlr and still had 2 bars. Only problem was i
fought the wind going out thinking it would help me on the way back. My battery was down to 42% when I reached the 2 mile mark so I hit RTH I had to ditch it 1500 feet from where I took off because I ran out of battery. I took my phone and took pics of my tablet at the 1.5 mile , 1.8 mile and 2.0 mile marks. I can post if anyone wants to see.....I am putting together a video of my hunting trip to wyoming with my 2 mile flight included in the video and will post that too if anyone wants to see it.

Reactions: Raybro
5400ft at an altitude of 250ft with FPVLR. Still had a strong signal.

3,700ft at 275ft using antennas from an old Linksys wireless router. Limited, in my area to less than 1,000ft with stock antennas.

3,700ft at 275ft using antennas from an old Linksys wireless router. Limited, in my area to less than 1,000ft with stock antennas.

5738', all lower than home point altitude. Lots of breakup in video feed but good control signal. Out in the boonies with little or no interference. Very fortunate.

Jerry

5738', all lower than home point altitude. Lots of breakup in video feed but good control signal. Out in the boonies with little or no interference. Very fortunate.

Jerry
Wow Jerry, I would have said the Solo would have never flown below home point alt. I would have guessed it would have shut off the motors. Thanks for sharing. BTW, congrats on almost a mile.

Reactions: J R
Wow Jerry, I would have said the Solo would have never flown below home point alt. I would have guessed it would have shut off the motors. Thanks for sharing. BTW, congrats on almost a mile.

1.0867 miles. Below home point.

Jerry

Last edited:

Bald,

Slight correction. The home point is my highest ground. Everything to the east of me is lower than home point at the ground. The bird wasn't below home point all of the ground on the run was. Sorry for the confusion.

Jerry

Bald,

Slight correction. The home point is my highest ground. Everything to the east of me is lower than home point at the ground. The bird wasn't below home point all of the ground on the run was. Sorry for the confusion.

Jerry
Got it. That clears it "up."
Thanks

Reactions: J R
Max elevation thus far is 311 feet. Max distance was between 1500 and 1700 feet. The specs say max distance is .5 miles which is 2640 feet. There's some places here where I might test that this weekend.

In the UK it's a legal requirement to be in direct visual contact with a UAV at all times during a flight. Are the rules different in other parts of the world?

Got over6000' at about 260'. Still had 3 bars on signal. Came back because of battery at 40%. I am using fplr with boosters. Only limited to battery power on distance
I have flown over one mile in town.

In the UK it's a legal requirement to be in direct visual contact with a UAV at all times during a flight. Are the rules different in other parts of the world?
It appears to be the same all over mate.

But, I live in the desert, so I don't think anyone will be in the desert I'll be at, and probably not mind if I bend the rules a bit using binoculars to maintain my line of sight.

600' out and 350' up. That's as far as I've let it go. Haven't needed anymore than that so far. I was getting 300' on stock so I upgraded antennas and flew to 600 just to see if I could get more range.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig