Whats your max solo range to date?

Reaction score
please post altitude and max distance in feet. and if you are using stock equipment or not

I'll go first:
got out to 1750 feet today at 250ft altitude....might have been able to push it another 50 feet, but signal was turning red.

got an FPVLR antenna on order so I will post what that update does to range later.

Reactions: DrJugband
4200' stock so far at 400'.

My signal is RED for 2/3 of the run !

Hoping for a couple miles with the Itelite panel.

EDITED

Last edited:
So far 1G.....got chicken. I need a sun shade so I can see where I'm going..:D

Reactions: DodgeP
I need a sun shade as well.. These tablet screens suck in the sunlight!!! lol

about 1800 but no red signal to that point. Will try for new personal best tomorrow at 300'. A little breezy today. Sure hope it knows where home is and has legs to get there!!

Take a look at the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 inch. It has a Super Amoled screen which is much more viewable than standard LCD screens in daylight. The Samsung Galaxy phones use similar Amoled screens.

I actually bought a Tab S 8.4 (4G+WiFi) on Saturday specifically for Solo and to honest, it didn't perform any better in the sunlight than my iPad Mini did. I bought the Android so I could use Tower and get real time maps but I couldn't get the map to populate in the Solo App. I have to do more troubleshooting today.

I actually bought a Tab S 8.4 (4G+WiFi) on Saturday specifically for Solo and to honest, it didn't perform any better in the sunlight than my iPad Mini did.

Not sure it would. If you are using a Apple with Retina that's pretty good. The Amoiled should be similar. The amoiled is supposed to be the Apple Retina for android devices.

I have not found a suitable one for my 8.4 yet. I bought a nice one but was a little small so not going to work for me. I think it was for 8" tablets.

max distance so far for me is about 200 feet :)
of course ive only flown twice for review videos....

Got the FPVLR antenna hooked up.

Got to 4200 ft range at 250ft altitude before RTH kicked in. At 3000 ft it was nearly solid red, but still good control. at 4000ft the video was getting choppy.

I like it though. nearly .8 miles in a suburban environment. more than double my stock antenna range

may try a higher altitude tomorrow, see if I can get farther.

I am sure the altitude will help. That and practicing your pointing as its going to be a little more narrow :)

For what its worth the RED deal does not have much value on mine as it is red the last 2/3 of my distance run.

Altitude did not help my distance.
at 400 ft, I only got out to 3200 feet.

but I dropped back down and at 265 feet altitude I got all the way to 5200 feet out. That's .98 miles

BTW this is with the new 1.0.5 firmware so I do not believe that firmware cut the range at all

265 feet altitude I got all the way to 5200 feet out.

Looks like you have beat my 4200'.

So I dub you the king ! On this site anyway.

Oh wait, you are sporting Tonys antennas?

yes...upgraded antennas. I think your crown is safe. I am flying in a suburban/industrial area and there is plenty of electrical noise.

Reactions: Neil E

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig