Whats your max solo range to date?

2500' in my surrounding neighborhood. Tons of wifi congestion. I am using a boosted DBS setup. Curious to see what it could do in the great wide open.

Got a Question for you guys...About Tx Power Compilant Country
I have inside the controller a R11e-2HnD Mikrotik upgrade card
And im using FPVLR + 2 wifi booster sunhans no attenuators installed
So can i lower down the TX Power inside Solo App to a point that i don't need attenuators?
Bottom line is it safe for the amp's to use the R11e-2HnD Mikrotik card without attenuators?

Thx

Second long range testing since I got the solo.
I am not a range junkie or anything, I drone around for good shots as a hobby.
And some of the shots I wanted to pull, the stock antennas just did not hold well and figured it hindered my confidence in the drone.
Ever since I hulked the RC, I gained in trust, never had troubles with my orbits around structures etc.

Using itelite
ITE-DBS03_VER.2
with Maxxuav 3D printed mount.
Boosted with sunhans.

4039 meters / 13251 ft / 2.51 miles
Came back with 27% battery and left at 94%.
Was flying around 14 meters per second/50 kph/31 mph
Gimbal went soft during the flight, odd.

IMG_0392.PNG

IMG_0394.JPG

Reactions: Disbro
I have gone to 5700 ft on the FPVLR antennas! This was over a pretty large river, so it was relatively flat in the direction I flew out toward. But there were 4 other drones flying with/near me, so given those wifi interferences I'd like to think on a different try I may have possibly taken it farther. Unsure though.

Reactions: dchevy
Second long range testing since I got the solo.
I am not a range junkie or anything, I drone around for good shots as a hobby.
And some of the shots I wanted to pull, the stock antennas just did not hold well and figured it hindered my confidence in the drone.
Ever since I hulked the RC, I gained in trust, never had troubles with my orbits around structures etc.

Using itelite
ITE-DBS03_VER.2
with Maxxuav 3D printed mount.
Boosted with sunhans.

4039 meters / 13251 ft / 2.51 miles
Came back with 27% battery and left at 94%.
Was flying around 14 meters per second/50 kph/31 mph
Gimbal went soft during the flight, odd.

IMG_0392.PNG

IMG_0394.JPG
On a long flight, my gimbal had a dangle moment as well. It was very odd. Came back moments later.

Dude, what the heck? Granted I’m in a neighborhood , but a thousand feet at 145’ alt. And mines comin home? Did the card board mod, which didn’t seem to help. All stock other than props. Why does my bird not go anywhere near the distances u guys boast?

I know in a suburban area there is interference, but a thousand feet sucks. I have it off advanced features, but I don’t feel like I even got near the limits to NEED to turn advanced settings on?

Dude, what the heck? Granted I’m in a neighborhood , but a thousand feet at 145’ alt. And mines comin home? Did the card board mod, which didn’t seem to help. All stock other than props. Why does my bird not go anywhere near the distances u guys boast?
Cardboard mod is only for some very early production Solo units with the RevA GPS, and the GPS has nothing to do with control range, so it stands to reason that it wouldn't help. Many recommend the Alfa 2.4gHz paddle antennae for increasing range economically.

Are you certain you have your antennae oriented properly to the drone, and that you're keeping the controller pointed somewhere in the hemisphere where your Solo is operating?

Reactions: Joe Horn
Cardboard mod is only for some very early production Solo units with the RevA GPS, and the GPS has nothing to do with control range, so it stands to reason that it wouldn't help. Many recommend the Alfa 2.4gHz paddle antennae for increasing range economically.

Are you certain you have your antennae oriented properly to the drone, and that you're keeping the controller pointed somewhere in the hemisphere where your Solo is operating?

Thank you for replying. Yes I am keeping the controller aimed directly at it while in the air. Do you think I should take the cardboard out?
When I said a thousand feet I was being gratuitous, yesterday I only made it 400’! This sucks. I’m lovin’ this thing, but 400’ just isn’t cuttin it! I’ll have to look into some of the upgrades. The alpha will be first thanks!

Yes I am keeping the controller aimed directly at it while in the air.

Sorry if this is obvious, but pointing the *antennas* directly at the drone is the worst thing to do. The antennas should be pointing downwards, and the controller should be held so that the antennas are *perpendicular* to the drone (90° away from pointing directly at the drone). If you already knew that, pardon my mentioning it, but I see people flying drones the wrong way at the Huntington Beach Pier all the time.

From the Solo Owner's Manual:

antennas.png

Last edited:
Y
Sorry if this is obvious, but pointing the *antennas* directly at the drone is the worst thing to do. The antennas should be pointing downwards, and the controller should be held so that the antennas are *perpendicular* to the drone (90° away from pointing directly at the drone). If you already knew that, pardon my mentioning it, but I see people flying drones the wrong way at the Huntington Beach Pier all the time.

From the Solo Owner's Manual:

antennas.png
yea I had saw this in the manual as well. I aim my controller at the drone, but my antennas I aim as you’ve shown

Reactions: Joe Horn
Got the FPVLR antenna hooked up.

Got to 4200 ft range at 250ft altitude before RTH kicked in. At 3000 ft it was nearly solid red, but still good control. at 4000ft the video was getting choppy.

I like it though. nearly .8 miles in a suburban environment. more than double my stock antenna range

may try a higher altitude tomorrow, see if I can get farther.

Where can I get the amplified FPVLR antenna booster? I’ve seen the FPVLR on drone nerds for $129 and want to try this out but I’d rather quit experimenting with my money and just get the best antenna out there so I can fly out and spy on my 15 year old daughter when she’s out with her boyfriend! Will the DJI Mavic Pro 2 really go beyond what some are saying the solo can do? To my understanding they can go 4.7 miles because of the OcuSync they use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela