Whats your max solo range to date?

1.5 miles metro, higher powered cards, controller software tuned down to 17db then fpvlr and amped. Left with 80pc returned with 30pc. 3-4 signal bars still at 1.5 miles

5135 ft. at 250 ft. altitude with the FPVLR v1 setup. I still had 1- 2 bars left on signal, and was flying in an area with no wifi interference. I chickened out at that point.....:eek:

3000ft at 1000ft altitude, in the mountains doing search and rescue ops. Alpha antennas.

What is the ideal position for the alpha antennas?

I have extensions for them and put them on a tripod ~6 ft in the air, about 12" apart, with the alpha logo pointed right at solo. I just reach over and twist the tripod to keep them pointed in the right direction.

I have extensions for them and put them on a tripod ~6 ft in the air, about 12" apart, with the alpha logo pointed right at solo. I just reach over and twist the tripod to keep them pointed in the right direction.
Could you post a picture of what that looks like?

baldguy said:
3,700ft at 275ft using antennas from an old Linksys wireless router. Limited, in my area to less than 1,000ft with stock antennas.

Thanks for the great suggestion! I just tried these antennae from an old Asus wireless router, and now I can go more than twice as far as before.

antennae.jpg

Reactions: RichWest
3500 stock. 7900 something with FPVLR. Same location. Same day and time.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I took my stock 3dr solo down to the lake for a early morning flight and managed to get out to 15784ft(4870m) at an altitude of 72ft(22m).
I noticed that at the homing altitude of 131ft(40m) my signal was not recovered until i was around 2000ft out has anyone else had this experience?
Made it back with 5% remaining power

I was 200ft up...6500ft out with the FPVLR..could of went further but battery was getting low...

Cheers
4240 @ 300' alti, all stock. I have paddle antennas but haven't used them outside yet.

One curious note (and appreciable) is that this community seems to be a lot more about safety than other community groups. On this site, one can visit the Phantom 3 page and see a similar thread, where most everyone is bragging about their altitude, and cavalier/arrogant towards those that suggest they stay below 400'. One guy says "call me an asshole, I'm still gonna go as high as I want, when I want, and the FAA can't find me." No wonder this is a more preferable group.

Reactions: Jubalr
4240 @ 300' alti, all stock. I have paddle antennas but haven't used them outside yet.

One curious note (and appreciable) is that this community seems to be a lot more about safety than other community groups. On this site, one can visit the Phantom 3 page and see a similar thread, where most everyone is bragging about their altitude, and cavalier/arrogant towards those that suggest they stay below 400'. One guy says "call me an asshole, I'm still gonna go as high as I want, when I want, and the FAA can't find me." No wonder this is a more preferable group.
Maybe has to do with maturity level??

Maybe has to do with maturity level??

Could be...could be the higher point of entry is the "Ford Fiesta" vs "Mercedes/BMW" crowd too.
The guy posting brags about altitude is at least in his late 40's however...

On topic, I'm heading to the Bonneville Salt Flats next week. Looking forward to seeing what I can get out there. No close mountains, perfectly flat, no wifi, powerlines, buildings... and the race course is closed due to water saturation this year. :)

Other than using my paddles, suggestions for greater range without shifting out wifi cards?

My altitude is low and my range is over the lake

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela