Whats your max solo range to date?

What happens when it goes out of range?

As soon as it loses connectivity with your controller it does a Return to Home (RTH).

The altitude will be 49' or whatever altitude you are at its above 49'.

The height is something can can be modified using another app called tower.

I read somewhere else that using Tower voids the warranty? Is that true, or is this just another stupid question? :)

If you use it to cause a crash....then the waranty won't likely cover any damages.

But if you use it to prevent a crash, you won't even need the warranty.....like changing the return to land altitude parameter.

I did my first real range test last weekend. I was on a large hill over looking a desert plain so I only climbed about 50 feet before heading north. I made it to 1.6 km (1 mile) and turned around. I was still in range but the video had started to roll and looked choppy. Return to home was not activated automatically.

I was having a little difficulty orienting the Solo so I hit RTH manually. As is started flying back to me I turned the controller to the side as I reached for my beer and lost contact with the Solo. As soon as I turned back it got the connection back. I have a feeling I was pretty close to going out of range at 1 mile. I'll have to see if I can beat that this weekend.

I'm taking baby steps as I build confidence in this bird, went out to 2000' at 200' altitude. Lost sight of it due to the haze but maintained perfect video and maps....love the maps. The wifi meter was in the red from 1000 on but never lost connection. Had 14 Sats as well. Never had that many with previous firmware.

Take a look at the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 inch. It has a Super Amoled screen which is much more Samsung Galaxy phones use similar Amoled screens.

For the Tab S 8.4, I use the Summitlink 7" on Amazon. Easy to install and take off, folds flat - $28. search... Summitlink®(IB7) 7 inch sunscreen.

Reactions: Marc
please post altitude and max distance in feet. and if you are using stock equipment or not

I'll go first:
got out to 1750 feet today at 250ft altitude....might have been able to push it another 50 feet, but signal was turning red.

got an FPVLR antenna on order so I will post what that update does to range later.
I can't get much farther than 400 meters regardless of altitude.....i typically fly over open ocean

Been taking it easy because just got it flying again after burning out motor in crash (my fault).

So far furthest I've gone is about 2400 feet at 400 feet altitude (stock attenae) before getting into red. Have always stopped before auto RTH.

Here are a couple screenshots from around 2050 feet. Will try to push it later.
Screenshot_2015-09-19-17-53-14.png Screenshot_2015-09-19-17-51-46.png Screenshot_2015-09-19-17-53-14.png Screenshot_2015-09-19-17-51-46.png Screenshot_2015-09-19-17-53-14.png Screenshot_2015-09-19-17-51-46.png

8448ft with just alfa 7dbi panels

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

3360' out & 100' high was the last I saw befor LOC and HTL kicked in. All stock

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44