Wanted: Donor Solo battery for public autopsy, mods, experimentation

Reaction score
Im wondering if there are any dead or dying Solo batteries out there, or at least underperforming ones that could be put to good use for the benefit of us all on this forum.
I want to hack a battery and see what can be done to improve it and post the results.
Even something as simple as (non destructively) splitting a pack and repacking with new cells hasnt been addressed yet, and Im offerring to spend the time to go there, and anywhere else this takes me..
So Im looking for a candidate, doesnt need to have working cells, but functioning electronics would be helpful.
If you've seen what I did with the motors, well, its time to get into a battery.
I dont have a spare, finances would only stretch to 3 batteries for me, and they are all working well.
Im happy to cover shipping, or come to some other arrangement.
I know @Soloing did pull one to bits but I didnt see anything apart from photos.
So if anyone has anything that might be useful, post in this thread, or send me a message.
I promise lots of kudos and good karma will come your way for this selfless act. :)
Thanks,
Roland.

Last edited:
Im wondering if there are any dead or dying Solo batteries out there, or at least underperforming ones that could be put to good use for the benefit of us all on this forum.
I want to hack a battery and see what can be done to improve it and post the results.
Even something as simple as (non destructively) splitting a pack and repacking with new cells hasnt been addressed yet, and Im offerring to spend the time to go there, and anywhere else this takes me..
So Im looking for a candidate, doesnt need to have working cells, but functioning electronics would be helpful.
If you've seen what I did with the motors, well, its time to get into a battery.
I dont have a spare, finances would only stretch to 3 batteries for me, and they are all working well.
Im happy to cover shipping, or come to some other arrangement.
I know @Soloing did pull one to bits but I didnt see anything apart from photos.
So if anyone has anything that might be useful, post in this thread, or send me a message.
I promise lots of kudos and good karma will come your way for this selfless act. :)
Thanks,
Roland.
Good Idea Roland! If you don't get any takers, I would be in to donate $ to the cause to cover the purch. I'm in for $20. Anyone else?

Reactions: RolandS888
Almost 1/2 way there in the first 20min! We all know that with Roland hacking at it, we will all benefit and may be able to use larger cap batteries someday.

Reactions: RolandS888
Awesome thanks guys, wow, didnt expect this.
Still hoping someone will pop up with a dud battery to donate to the cause.though.
I cant believe you guys. Kickstarter for hackers...LOL

Awesome thanks guys, wow, didnt expect this.
Still hoping someone will pop up with a dud battery to donate to the cause.though.
I cant believe you guys. Kickstarter for hackers...LOL
I have a battery that only charges to 3435 mah that I can give you.

Reactions: RichWest
If Jim's donated battery doesn't work out, I will pitch in for $20. We may all benefit from Roland's battery tear down. Please keep us posted.

I'll bare some of the postage cost for the cause, If Roland can PM me his address I'll get a price in the morning, shouldn't be much.

Battery is on it's way.
Awesome, thanks @Jim..... (and anyone else who contributed) :):):)
Looking forward to picking through the innards.

And Im looking for a second pack as well.
If anyone else has a dud battery they want to be rid of, let me know. please.
The first (from @Jim..... ) will most likely be destroyed on the way in.
Id like to find a way to open the case non destructively, perform surgery, and then close up again.
I know there are a few dud packs floating around. If you have one and want to move it, message me and we can work something out.
Thanks.
Roland.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo