Solo won't fly... Or startup... Or anything...

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me out. I've got a Solo that was purchased used and it won't seem to fly. The controller is paired with the drone, as well as the app on my iPhone and everything powers on (lights, sounds, etc.) however when I "hold fly to start motors" absolutely nothing happens. My controller vibrates but the actual drone does nothing, the motors will not turn on no matter what I do.

I've tried re-pairing up the controller to the drone and I've also tried the factory reset. No idea what's wrong here. Any help is greatly appreciated. The most recent updates are installed.

I should add I've never actually flown this or any 3DR drone before so I'm relatively unfamiliar with the systems and procedures although I do own/have lots of experience with DJI Phantom/Inspire drones.

It sounds like you need a parameter reset. Possible with either Tower (my preferred method because I can do it from the android tablet) or Mission Planner.

Do a search for SYSID_SW_MREV on these forums and you should get what you need

Couple of things for you to check/try.
Make sure the buttons on the controller are not sticking. They should all click when pressed.
If you hold the left stick fully down to the right it provides the motor start command. Try that instead of pressing Fly.
Are you getting any noise/ tones from the copter? Usually if it won't arm for a reason it will give a "dee dum" noise

Last edited:
If one pod is bad you get that symptom. One pod is a motor and ESC combo.

If you don't have GPS lock that would explain it also. Program button "A" for "Fly Manual". That will let you start flying anytime but return to home location will be where ever it gets a gps lock so use caution.

Last edited:
Reactions: carpy
Hopefully someone can help me out. I've got a Solo that was purchased used and it won't seem to fly. The controller is paired with the drone, as well as the app on my iPhone and everything powers on (lights, sounds, etc.) however when I "hold fly to start motors" absolutely nothing happens. My controller vibrates but the actual drone does nothing, the motors will not turn on no matter what I do.

I've tried re-pairing up the controller to the drone and I've also tried the factory reset. No idea what's wrong here. Any help is greatly appreciated. The most recent updates are installed.

Make sure you have at least 6 satellites and a low HDOP also listen for any tones when trying to arm...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela