Solo in Auckland New Zealand

Reaction score
I've been in Auckland for a couple weeks now studying, and just got a chance to fly my drone. It's been tough to try to get outside the airport "no fly zones" because I don't have a vehicle, but I finally did so the other day and put this video together. The aerials are nothing compared to the Drone in the Snow video I posted last month, and I cut my flying time short because the seagulls were actually really scaring me. They would get super close to my drone!
Anyway, hope you enjoy this :)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've been in Auckland for a couple weeks now studying, and just got a chance to fly my drone.

Jason,

Pretty cool! I like the "story" angle but would have loved to see more of the Solo footage. That's a long skateboard trip to do some flying! I get the Seagull thing, I would have brought her down too. I've had the Swallows bring me down on more than one occasion! Thanks for sharing!

Jerry

I've been in Auckland for a couple weeks now studying, and just got a chance to fly my drone. It's been tough to try to get outside the airport "no fly zones" because I don't have a vehicle, but I finally did so the other day and put this video together. The aerials are nothing compared to the Drone in the Snow video I posted last month, and I cut my flying time short because the seagulls were actually really scaring me. They would get super close to my drone!
Anyway, hope you enjoy this :)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very Nice shots and nicely put together as well.

Seagulls seem to be very attracted to the Solo. I have had an entire flock come after it. Very un-nerving.

Birds and I seem to have a strange relationship. They've pretty much left my Solo alone - so far - but about 8 years ago, a bald eagle grabbed hold of my Sig Rascal electric plane in-flight and simply ripped the wings off! I was recording when it happened and the entire earthward plunge and the sound of ripping claws and beak can be heard.
Arrggh!

Wow, Marich! Any chance you could post a clip of that? I'd love to see it.

Great clip - I am arriving in NZ in a few weeks (Auckland) and will be sure to watch for these creatures!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986