Welcome to 3DRPilots.com

1. TMI

TMI

Installed Solex and Missions with it yesterday
    When I want to create a Flight Location at my friends location in France it gives the right distance for it when I save the location.
    When I enter Solex next time the "distance" has changed . In my situation the distance to my friends in France was when I saved it 882,15km. When I started Solex the next time the distance was 7178,27 km. So when I selected the location it brought me somewhere on the westcoast of the USA. BTW I selected metric in the App Settings.

cheers

2. Alpine

The same happened with me also

Regards Klaus

#842 Alpine, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  3. andrew.baker.142

Until you arm the copter at a new location it still thinks "home" is where you last flew it.

4. nuggetz

Decided to pick up this app. Looks like a lot of work went into it. Nice job on the documentation too. At first launch I felt a bit lost. Could not figure out how one triggers the various smart shots. Also things that plagued the official solo app are present here too like losing connectivity or issues with the live feed. After stopping the video manually the camera button became greyer out etc. Im a very cautious pilot and Solo always makes me nervous for some reason.

I always feel like im going to lose my connection to solo or GPS will glitch etc. Maybe this is a good thing but I rarely enjoy flying Solo for that reason. Also the software quirks dont help. Ive never been able to have a normal day with solo. Either the solo app disconnects or the live feed gets interrupted etc. I guess i was hoping that the Solex app was rock solid in that regard but maybe its just not possible with the hardware its managing. Im not a developer but is that sort of an expectation unrealistic? Im in no way slamming Solex. I think its brilliant. Im just curious why those little issues crop up.

#844 nuggetz, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  5. SteveReno

Solo Is a fun device to use!

To touch base on a few of your problems....

"things that plagued the official solo app"
    losing connectivity or issues with the live feed isn't a App issues, it's a hardware problem that
    has fixes or updates to relieve your probelm(s).

Most everybody has complained about connectivity in one form or another.
    Many have found the answers to their problem via the search function of this site.

having video feed problems"

Hope this helps

#845 SteveReno, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  6. andrew.baker.142

As Steve said, app connectivity is only as good as the Solo WiFi network it is on.
    Remember, you don't need the 3DR or Solex app to fly (and have fun). If the copter drops link with the controller (Noisy WiFi area or out of range), Solo will fly itself home.
    Focus on a good reliable GPS, fly in an open area and Solo will really take care of itself.

7. nuggetz

Well 98% of the time things work fine. I just encounter glitches on random occasions. Still enough to affect confidence in the craft.

8. andrew.baker.142

With $60 "parts" Solos all over eBay I wouldn't sweat it. Enjoy flying!

9. andrew.baker.142

Did you try pushing in on the paddle switch (gimbal tilt)?

AOtarolaR likes this.
  10. AOtarolaR

uuuuh... well... now i feel kind of stupid...
    yes it works...

11. TMI

TMI

The Solex Manual tells me " .......Once you've set the position, click the marker, and you'll be prompted to save it as a flying location. Once you've done that , you can "visit" the location by clicking on its name in the list. The map will zoom to that location........." in my case it "visits" a whole different place on earth.

I forgot to mention that when I save the location and "visits" that same moment (it zooms in) perfectly. But when I close the app and start it again the distance of the flying location has changed dramaticly (thousends of kilometers) and "visits" an other place on earth.

#851 TMI, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  12. AOtarolaR

is there any thread regarding exclusively to the Missions on the Solex app...?
    I want more information to see if I buy it
    (most of all it´s capability to "map" terrain with a gopro -something like the 3dr site scan-)
    thanks

13. FlyGuy80

Hey, does anyone know of a way to sync Solex vehicle and battery stats (flight time, motor time, battery time) across multiple android devices? I have a phone and tablet, and depending on the use case/need at the time, I could be flying using either of those. Right now each device (phone and tablet) track only stats/time specific to the flights that were flown using that device... would be nice to have both devices account for total time on the vehicle and battery without having to do this manually. If I knew where in the settings/configuration files Solex stores vehicle/battery stats, it might be simple enough to copy that data between the two devices between flights? any ideas? Thanks!

14. Hezarfen

Can i use Solex App with this phone?

TP-LINK NEFFOS C5

Android 5.1 Lollipop

MTK MT6735 4x Cortex-A53 1.3GHz
    GPU: ARM Mali-T720 MP2 450Mhz
    ROM: 16GB
    RAM: 2GB

Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, 2.4GHz
    Bluetooth: 4.0

LTE FDD Cat4(up to 150Mbps DL/50Mbps UL)
    DC-HSPA+(up to 42Mbps DL/11Mbps UL)

Decoder: 1080p/30 fps H.264
    Encoder:1080p/30 fps
    Video formats: MPEG-4, 3GP, 3G2, MOV, H264, H265

15. nuggetz

I feel like a nut. I cant figure out for the life of me how to initiate a smart shot from within Solex. I read the manual and watched at least 5 different videos and cannot find any way to do this. Can someone please fill me in.

Also can anyone confirm whether or not taking photos in mission works? It didnt appear to whem I tried my first mission with Solex this afternoon. Not sure if the camera should be set to photo mode prior. I wasn't recording at the time so at least there's that.

#855 nuggetz, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  16. sfmoran62

Does it work with the R10C camera and associates specifications?

17. Greg Parker

Are you pushing the on-screen button that looks like a video camera? Once pushed a list of available shots should come up. Select the one you want.

nuggetz likes this.
  18. nuggetz

I don't know how in the world I missd that button! Looking at it now and I don't recall ever seeing it there. I don't know how many times I've explored the menus right next to it but never once touched it. Thanks

19. nuggetz

Can anyone here confirm whether or not taking photos via the mission module works?

20. SteveReno

Not that i know of.