Solex for Solo

OK, back to the problem. It seems that maybe Solex is not resetting or initializing the WiFi connection between the controller and Solo if it is dropped or briefly turned off. It has nothing to do with "shit" WiFi hardware because it always reconnects instantly with the 3DR Solo app running on the same device. The behavior of Solex and the 3DR Solo app is completely different under these conditions.

ok... i know that most of the modes are kind of "selfexplanatory", but i think they need a little more info on it...
is there more explicit info on each mode?
thanks

upload_2017-6-26_15-4-59.png

Anyone else experiencing problems when switching to photo mode and then going back to video ? Last time I ttried this it could not recover video. And then the app crashed.

Would be nice if solex prompted you to select which battery is installed. Sometimes I forget to select it. When the app crashes I wonder if it keeps any flight time data for the battery that was selected. Again where do we report issues and feature requests? Is there an official spot?

Reactions: RDA
I'm having trouble getting the Solo to follow me using the "Follow Me" smart shot in Solex. The manual says this:

"Follow/Me works just like the Follow Me shot in the standard app. It follows the GPS location on your device, in case you prefer for your vehicle to follow you (vs a different person) around."

What's happening is: I select follow me....activate the shot, then select leash with "Look at me" checked. Solo sits in one place, but does pan around to "look at me." what it does not do is actually follow me.

As a test, I did a follow me in the 3DR app and it works just fine in leash mode.....it follows and looks at me just as it is supposed to.

I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong or it is a bug??

My Solo is stock other than the mRo M8N Release 2 I installed last year. I am running Solex on a Nexus 6P.

Any help would be appreciated!

I'm having trouble getting the Solo to follow me using the "Follow Me" smart shot in Solex. The manual says this:

"Follow/Me works just like the Follow Me shot in the standard app. It follows the GPS location on your device, in case you prefer for your vehicle to follow you (vs a different person) around."

What's happening is: I select follow me....activate the shot, then select leash with "Look at me" checked. Solo sits in one place, but does pan around to "look at me." what it does not do is actually follow me.

As a test, I did a follow me in the 3DR app and it works just fine in leash mode.....it follows and looks at me just as it is supposed to.

I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong or it is a bug??

My Solo is stock other than the mRo M8N Release 2 I installed last year. I am running Solex on a Nexus 6P.

Any help would be appreciated!

You need to uncheck " Look at me", and it will follow you.

Reactions: skylane
You need to uncheck " Look at me", and it will follow you.

Ok I will try that. If that works...then it seems like it is slightly different than the stock "Follow Me," because the stock shot seems to follow and look at me when I have that checked.

Ok I will try that. If that works...then it seems like it is slightly different than the stock "Follow Me," because the stock shot seems to follow and look at me when I have that checked.

Yes, it had me confused for a while too. I think this feature was intended to allow the operator to fly manually without having to worry about the camera pointing at the subject. I have not tried it but probably works wonderfully with Solex Target.

Was just out today using my Solo w/Solex (on Galaxy Tab A 8") after not flying for a while. Tried using the "Orbit" mode, but could not for the life of me get it to actually start flying the orbit. Neither left/right "start" arrow would work. Tried rebooting everything and tried again. Same problem.

Anyone else have a problem getting Orbit to actually start? Or am I just an idiot and don't know where to click to get the orbit orbiting? ;)

I got solex to load using Solex APK and its working. My Moverio BT-300 Glasses is not google approved so I can not use google play. Now I have fpv with heads up display

Hello! I just spotted this thread. Got some questions for ya'...
First, did you attempt to side load the original Solo app first onto the moverio? How'd that go?
Second, what's the hardware connection you're using? i.e rca adapter, yada yada...

Thanx for any response!
T

Do you have adjusted the speed slider up?
Hey Alpine,

I had tried adjusting speed settings using Solex prior to that, but the sliders kept re-setting to their original positions and wouldn't retain my changes. Had to use the 3DR Solo app to make changes to vehicle settings like RTH Altitude, etc.

But, no... I did not specifically adjust the speed slider as part of the Orbit at all. Actually... I don't recall SEEING one.

I did read that there's an issue with setting the Orbit if the camera tilt is at too low of an angle... so that may have been the problem: the drone wasn't that high up in the air and I was looking to orbit a spot that might have been far enough that the camera tilt was too low. But I'm not sure if that issue would cause it to just not start the Orbit at all.

I'll have to get back out with the drone and see if I can get it to work again.

Hello! I just spotted this thread. Got some questions for ya'...
First, did you attempt to side load the original Solo app first onto the moverio? How'd that go?
Second, what's the hardware connection you're using? i.e rca adapter, yada yada...

Thanx for any response!
T
Hey Tony... looks like you posted this in the wrong thread... no "side loading" going on here... and no moverios! ;)

My bad! I thought I was replying to a thread explaining how the pilot loaded solex for a moverio bt300 FPV to be used with his solo. Did I muck it up somehow?
No worries, Tony. Just wanted you to know that you post isn't going to be seen by anyone who can answer, since this thread is about a different topic. Might want to try reposting it.

Reactions: DreadPyrate Tony
Kelly Schrock
2 hrs

. Timelapse/timed photos

Scott Manthey had a cool idea: Time-lapse mode. As it happens, the GoPro doesn't want to switch to time-lapse mode, throwing an error instead of just doing what it's told. But that doesn't mean Solex can't just take pictures at regular intervals anyway. So, you'll notice there's a little selector under the shutter button when you're in Photo mode. If you select one of the items in it other than "off" and hit the shutter button, Solex will trigger the camera to take a picture at that interval. This way, you can fly around and take a massive bunch of pictures that you can then stitch together later using ffmpeg, kdenlive or other software to make time-lapse videos. There's a time-lapse demo below, where I didn't bother to set my camera to a narrow enough FOV to avoid shooting my Solo's leg, but it gets the point across. You can also use this for just taking a picture every "n" seconds if you're into that kind of thing. (Which, now that I think of it, is what a time-lapse is.)

https://youtu.be/BCyHHUtV-7U

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Solex Movable Cable Cam demo

Just a simple demonstration of a movable Cable Cam. It gets recorded in one place, then I have to stop and change a battery, then I fly somewhere different. ...

Well this does not work for me. Kinda. When setting it to 1 second it takes 5-6 photos in 10 seconds. When at 2 sec it takes 3-4 in 10 sec. GoPro 4 Silver

Well this does not work for me. Kinda. When setting it to 1 second it takes 5-6 photos in 10 seconds. When at 2 sec it takes 3-4 in 10 sec. GoPro 4 Silver
Kelly had several update since this post you are quoting from, But this sounds more like a Hardware problem. The GoPro
Also, 3 or 4 to 5 or 6 images? since the image count it being inconsistent as you saying, it could be the SD card is not fast enough for the images.
To start, set image setting to a very low quality setting.

Kelly had several update since this post you are quoting from, But this sounds more like a Hardware problem. The GoPro
Also, 3 or 4 to 5 or 6 images? since the image count it being inconsistent as you saying, it could be the SD card is not fast enough for the images.
To start, set image setting to a very low quality setting.

Hi!

The GoPro it selv shoots photos with 0,5 sec interval with no problem. When it is connected to 3DR and settings in Solex is set to 1 sec intervall it takes BETWEEN 5 and 6 photos in 10 seconds. So lets say aprox 1 photo every 2 second when set to 1 photo ever 1 second. When set to 1 photo every 3 second it work find. So it seams to some kind if delay. Gonna refund solex and use standard app with timelaps video instead since that works just fine.

Loaded Solex a few days ago and I have been getting familiar with it on my back porch before I use it. The only problem I seem to have is the position of the Solo is not showing up on my map. It shows where my tablet is but not the solo. 20 sats good GPS fix. I'm using a Samsung Tab A with 7.0. No problems changing camera modes or anything else. Plan on a test flight in a few hours. Any ideas??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela