Solex for Solo

Question about using Missions?

Are the transitions in yaw or pitch at waypoints or ROI abrupt like they are in MP and Tower or are they ramped more smoothly into and out of like MPCC? And no, I don't mean splined waypoints.

That capability is what caused me to sell my scratch built Pixhawk quad and move to the Solo. Those cinematic moves are still the most distinguishing feature that separates Solo from all others. The DJI quads in spite of have very capable mission software like Litchi and Autopilot still can't match the cinematic transitions of MPCC.

Does anyone know if Solex will work on the Samsung Galaxy S Tab? I have been using the Galaxy S for over a year with my Solo and it now has suddenly become "incompatible." The Solo App closes immediately every time the "Fly Solo" button is touched. So my question is, is the Solo app incompatible with the Galaxy S Tab or is the tab incompatible with the Solo Hardware? If it's the former, it seems maybe the Solex app might solve the problem.

Repost from FB
Mad props
8 hrs
Mad props to Kelly Schrock for his genius creation of Missions in Solex! This is an unbelievable addition to Solex that everyone needs to get! Major game changer!!! This is a video of my very first attempt with Missions, so it is not as cool as I would like it to be. I was just experimenting with some of the basic features such as the use of ROI, delay, circles, land, altitude and speed changes. Just to see how/if it worked. And it worked exactly as I had programmed it to do! I sped up parts of the video because it's a bit boring... but you get the idea.

Want to add my enthusiasm for the Mission capability now in Solex. It will take a few test flights to see how all the waypoint functions work, but controlling the camera and where its pointed with a yaw command at a waypoint is very slick...like it. I did notice that after I added an action to a few waypoints, I could no longer make any more additions. Is that a memory (with my Samsung tablet) issue?

Does anyone know if Solex will work on the Samsung Galaxy S Tab? I have been using the Galaxy S for over a year with my Solo and it now has suddenly become "incompatible." The Solo App closes immediately every time the "Fly Solo" button is touched. So my question is, is the Solo app incompatible with the Galaxy S Tab or is the tab incompatible with the Solo Hardware? If it's the former, it seems maybe the Solex app might solve the problem.

If your talking about a galaxy tab s 8.4 LTE then yes. Mine works flawlessly.

Oh Great! So, I don't need data while flying with Solex.

Thank you DirtyThirty.
No, but yes.
Lol

It depends. If you preload the maps (flying locations in solex) no

If you don't then yes.

Best thing to do is read the solex instructions.

On the tab s if you go to settings, press developer options a few times I think it maybe 6 but I could be wrong. Then a new set of options open up.
Select, (I could be wrong on the wording slightly) "use data with wifi" that way if you have a SIM card in the tab, you can also use data when it's connected to solex, which is by wifi but it has no data connection.

This allows you to use all the follow functions and download maps as you need them.

I have a cheap pay and go EE SIM card in mine. £2/Month which gives 100mg of data.

More than enough and of course not robbing the bank.

Just installed on my Samsung Note 4 from the Play Store. I checked that I agree to the terms and conditions. Nothing. I do not see an OK button to check etc.... Just stuck looking at the terms and conditions. Funny. Is it incompatible?

Just installed on my Samsung Note 4 from the Play Store. I checked that I agree to the terms and conditions. Nothing. I do not see an OK button to check etc.... Just stuck looking at the terms and conditions. Funny. Is it incompatible?
Had to change the size of my font to see the okay button.
FYI.
Worked.

Emailed Kelly for that tip. He responded right away... on a Saturday! Impressive!

Reactions: SteveReno
Copied from FB/Solex
Kelly Schrock shared a link.

48 mins
I'm on a Mission: To do stuff with Missions. 1.4.0 is inbound.

. Undo drawn waypoints as a group

It's nice to be able to draw a bunch of waypoints in one operation. It's equally nice to be able to undo that if you want.

. Multi-select items in a mission

On the other hand, it's annoying to drop a bunch of waypoints, and then have to change their altitude or other attributes separately. It would be nice if you could select them all and do something to them as a group. Or, rather, it IS nice.

. Draw curves on spline paths

Instead of just showing straight lines between waypoints in a mission, Solex now tries to draw the actual path your copter will fly. This includes the curves around spline points, and the path of the circles around Circle-type waypoints. Be careful with this though. Don't position waypoints so that a spline just misses a tree or building or something and expect it to "just miss" an obstacle. The copter still decides how it's going to get around a corner, and the app is only able to draw an approximation. Give yourself plenty of room.

. Fixed a crash in "draw items"

It was previously possible to bring the app down by switching between "draw" and "add" modes repeatedly. Now, it shouldn't be.

. Resume mission after pause

Somepoint made the good point that you should be able to resume a mission after pausing it. Now, when you hit "Pause" on a mission, your copter will stop and hover in place and the Pause button will change to "Resume". When you hit "resume", your copter will start moving again at the last-registered waypoint speed, or the mission's overall speed if you don't have any waypoint speeds set.

. Show copter on mission editor

Sometimes I try to fine-tune a landing location or something based on where my copter is parked when I'm out flying. Having a copter marker on the editor (when the copter is connected and has a good location) makes this easier.

Here's a demo of some of the new mission stuff. I'm going to go stick a green cube in something.
1f603.png
:-D

Solex Missions: Multi-select and Path demo
Quick demo of the flight paths drawn in 1.4.0 for splines, circles, etc. Also showing multi-select on waypoints. When you select multiple points of the same ...

The multipoint looks great. Koodos to Kelly for all his hard work and support.

May I make a few recommendations?
(1) When activating the multi-select tool, another option would be to be able to select the points using the point display window at the bottom of the screen, incluind being able to specifically select multiple waypoints that are not in sequence (e.g., 1,3,4,7,etc.). See screenshot.
(3) After selecting multiple points include the ability to include the'Action' option. For example it would be great to have the points selected to look at a specified ROI, instead of doing it one by one.

Attachments

• IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: Jim Levagood
I think this news is Solex related:

Several of our members here @ 3DRPilots & ArduPilot have helped to debug the latest S/W & F/W from ArduCopter "3.5 RC4" & Hardware Pixhawk 2.1 AKA The Green Cube from proficnc.com

As i noted above, several members helped. but was led by our very own Pedals2Paddles.
Because of his efforts, determination & financial lost "2 Solo lost" All our investments in Solo
Can continue to have a Bright Future, at least, the foreseeable Future.

With Solo being nearly 90% compatible with Arducopter & with the New PixHawkW 2.1 & Kelly Schrock with "Solex" There isn't nothing stopping us to reach far above what is being offered to pro/consumers quads worth $1000's more then what we invested!

So, pat yourself on the back, cause you made the right decision in buying a Solo from 3DR.

Again, Thank you Pedals2Paddles ,ArduPilot, Green Cube from proficnc.com & Kelly Schrock For "Solex" & last but not least 3DRPilots.com
Almost forgot, most of all this Software & Hardware is Open Source!

Last edited:
I think this news is Solex related:

Several of our members here @ 3DRPilots & ArduPilot have helped to debug the latest S/W & F/W from ArduCopter "35.5 RC4" & Hardware Pixhawk 2.1 AKA The Green Cube from proficnc.com

As i noted above, several members helped. but was led by our very own Pedals2Paddles.
Because of his efforts, determination & financial lost "2 Solo lost" All our investments in Solo
Can continue to have a Bright Future, at least, the foreseeable Future.

With Solo being nearly 90% compatible with Arducopter & with the add PixHawkW 2.1 & Kelly Schrock for "Solex" There isn't nothing stopping us to reach far above what is being offered to pro/consumers quads worth $1000's more then what we invested!

So, pat yourself on the back, cause you made the right decision in buying a Solo from 3DR.

Again, Thank you Pedals2Paddles ,ArduPilot, Green Cube from proficnc.com & Kelly Schrock For "Solex" & last but not least 3DRPilots.com
Almost forgot, most of all this Software & Hardware is Open Source!

Hi,

Not sure if your comments are target at my last post, and if they are I'm not sure why.

My comments are Solex related that is why it's under the topic Solex for Solo. I'm only trying to help out in making Solex the best that it can be by simply making a few recommendations :)

Not
Hi,

Not sure if your comments are target at my last post, and if they are I'm not sure why.

My comments are Solex related that is why it's under the topic Solex for Solo. I'm only trying to help out in making Solex the best that it can be by simply making a few recommendations :)
No, It's a public announcement to all.
based on my opinions & my own observations of the future of Solo.

Last edited:
Reactions: speatuk
Is there a specific reason why I can't stop recording in-flight? I'm using a 3+ black

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4" (SM-T320) I bought for my Solo, but the Solex app doesn't seem to like it very much.

Before I bought Solex/Mission Planner, I used Tower and it seemed to work well - but I like all of the new features Solex has, so I want to switch over to it.

I can get everything to work fine on my Samsung Note 4 Phone, but my SM-T320 Tablet is a PITA to use with Solex.

The Tab's screen is very hit-and-miss as far as selecting things in Mission Mode, and the app doesn't want to let me save more than one Location at a time.

Can someone recommend a good Tablet in the 8" to 10" size range that works good with Solex/Mission Planner?

Thanks

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo