Solex for Solo

I have only found videos of people tracking themselves walking around parking lots and fields. Do any of you know of a few examples of things shot in action with the solex app. Like follow a motorcycle?
A boat?
Follow and free look?
If your DEVICE has barometer then, yes Solo & Solex will increase & decrease AGL
Your wasting too much time figuring out If Solex can do what you want it to do,
Gives us a break!
Solex is almost a MUST HAVE APP for Solo.

Last edited:
Well that sounds simple enough, I just haven't seen any sliders except movement speed and camera speed. I will go back in and look again, I am probably in the wrong area.
Thanks,
Don
Make sure and look through the Solex documentation- it will explain all this stuff. I refer back to it all the time.:D

Make sure and look through the Solex documentation- it will explain all this stuff. I refer back to it all the time.:D
Will do. I did a quick run thru in the manual but sure I overlooked it.
Thank you,
Don

Need some help in making sure that I don't have a mission in the solo from a previous flying session before I fly at a new location. Can someone instruct me on a safe procedure to assure a don't have a mission or old home location stored in the solo that would result in a fly a way. What I would like to do is query the solo for any missions and have it reply with it's mission status.

Reactions: Lonedroner and gkk
So I just got the solex app installed on the new andriod tablet I bought because the 3dr app no longer works on iOS devices. Long story short solex won't connect to my solo on this new tablet. Could this be because the tablet is WiFi only and will not be getting data while it's connected to the solo network? Seems strange if that's the case because it will connect properly to the 3dr app on this tablet. Any advice is appreciated, cheers!

So I just got the solex app installed on the new andriod tablet I bought because the 3dr app no longer works on iOS devices. Long story short solex won't connect to my solo on this new tablet. Could this be because the tablet is WiFi only and will not be getting data while it's connected to the solo network? Seems strange if that's the case because it will connect properly to the 3dr app on this tablet. Any advice is appreciated, cheers!
Check your login information WiFi & Solo.
introducing a new devise requires previous or new passwords & user names.

Check your login information WiFi & Solo.
introducing a new devise requires previous or new passwords & user names.

I somehow managed to get it to connect last night. Before it didn't seem to matter in the way I powered everything up but I found that by opening the app, then power up the solo and then the controller and then connect to controller WiFi in the app and everything was golden. Sorry I didn't update, but thank you for the feedback!

Need some help in making sure that I don't have a mission in the solo from a previous flying session before I fly at a new location. Can someone instruct me on a safe procedure to assure a don't have a mission or old home location stored in the solo that would result in a fly a way. What I would like to do is query the solo for any missions and have it reply with it's mission status.

If you upload a blank (empty) Mission, it will clear the old one. Probably a good idea when flying to a new location.

Reactions: Wetstone
HIlarious!

My daughter and I were flying our Solos today and on my second battery, I pushed it a bit far and was landing close to 10%. While the Solo was about 20' off the ground my tablet announces, "Battery is at critical level. You should land soon or start looking for your credit card." or something very close to that. I never knew it had those types of voice responses but a VERY fun easter egg to find and today of all days to find it!

Reactions: speatuk
I have had solex since it first came out
for some time now I ended up using IOS as my goto.

I would fire up solex out flying but there was almost too much to explore to actually do while flying
today I just connected it to solo just setting on the table and spent almost an hour playing with it.

Wow I feel like I just had a crash course and am sure I will enjoy it much more next flight
with missions it is basically a log book, tower and solo app all bundled up in one package with extras

Reactions: Wetstone
Solex and Mission are now a very complete and quality RPAS software package. Took the Solo platform out today and flew a (simple) mission ... it all worked perfectly. Like any complex system you need to study the documentation (and YouTube videos), familiarise yourself with the application, know the limits of the platform and practice the basics.

Very nice work Kelly ... this app is worth every cent !

Is there written documentation (like a manual) for Solex Missions? So far I've just been looking at the few YouTube videos I can find, but I'd love to have a manual to read and try to understand. Any help finding such a thing would be much appreciated!

The instructions are on the bottom of the solex screen after you buy missions. Near where it tells you the solex version.

The instructions are on the bottom of the solex screen after you buy missions. Near where it tells you the solex version.
Are you referring to the "documentation"? I'm looking in there but I don't see anything about missions... and I do have version 1.3.9. Where exactly are you talking about?

Never mind.... it just showed up! I swear it wasn't there before! Thanks so much for helping me.

Lol.
You have to be connected to solo I forget to say. Once connected the instructions appear you can then disconnect solo.

Oops [emoji87]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421