Solex for Solo

I am such a noob with smartphones that I suspect this is user error but I can't dismiss a menu screen on my Ulefone Power.As soon as I go into App settings or one of the other menu screens I have to shut down the app to get out of that screen.I can't close missions,app settings,nothing under the Solex tab.Doesn't matter how I swipe it and there's no little X marks the spot on the top bar.Can anyone point me to where I'm going wrong ?

Attachments

• No get out..JPG
    No get out..JPG
    535.4 KB · Views: 33
I am such a noob with smartphones that I suspect this is user error but I can't dismiss a menu screen on my Ulefone Power.As soon as I go into App settings or one of the other menu screens I have to shut down the app to get out of that screen.I can't close missions,app settings,nothing under the Solex tab.Doesn't matter how I swipe it and there's no little X marks the spot on the top bar.Can anyone point me to where I'm going wrong ?
Jagger, Kelly had another update out for several UI problems that's been reported.
See if you have Current Version 1.3.8 .

Hope this helps

Yep,currently 1.3.8. Kelly is on the case on facebook thanks.

If you press the back arrow on your tablet when your in missions it goes back to main screen.

If on the other hand you have mission screen on and you press the 3 horizontal lines in top left hand corner and go to let's say batteries or any other screen, The mission settings remain on the top right hand corner.

So to reiterate, press the back button on your android and missions close.

Yep.Unfortunately there is no back arrow on the phone.Anywhere.So don't buy an Ulefone Power for a Solo (Tested\).

Attachments

• No get out..JPG
    No get out..JPG
    535.4 KB · Views: 25
  • no way out 2.JPG
    no way out 2.JPG
    546.2 KB · Views: 25
The "Back" button in one of the major difference between Apple & Android Device's.
Ulefone is the first Android that doesn't have a on screen or physical back button?

I found it.It's disguised as an unmarked bit of plastic and I was using the phablet up the wrong way ( didn't know there was a right way).Once I turned it base over apex I found that a very gentle touch of the aforementioned unmarked plastic near the Exit button,and sometimes just the merest hint of a touch,worked as a back button and everything is now operating correctly.Just in case anyone else runs into something like this here's a little video of it now working.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: SteveReno
I found it.It's disguised as an unmarked bit of plastic and I was using the phablet up the wrong way ( didn't know there was a right way).Once I turned it base over apex I found that a very gentle touch of the aforementioned unmarked plastic near the Exit button,and sometimes just the merest hint of a touch,worked as a back button and everything is now operating correctly.Just in case anyone else runs into something like this here's a little video of it now working.

Another happy Customer

Does the solo drone app crash and every thing is it still worth it to buy one

Is it worth it to the solo drone I have read many things saying the app crashes it doesn't work and all this bad news I was really looking forward to get one but I need to know does the 3dr solo drone app work properly or is it always crashing is it worth to get the drone

The Solex app, works well.
its' the Solo App. from 3DR " iOS & Android" that has & will give problems.
If you like your Solo then, for now & in the Future, you'll need to buy Solex.

I think this video will explain the "3DR Solo: Past, Present and Future"
Thanks Steve.Very informative and I subscribed too.I like his style.

As to being a happy customer - the Solo wasn't ever a problem (especially at the price I paid).It was the phablet with unmarked buttons that flummoxed me.I kill phones and tablets by fiddling where I shouldn't.Or by throwing them against a wall.That's an old mechanics trick I learned years ago.Sorts most things out one way or another. :)

Solex is a must to avoid boredom.May have to get me one of those cute green cubes too.I'm an Arducopter fan with a lot of copters using it.

The Solex app, works well.
its' the Solo App. from 3DR " iOS & Android" that has & will give problems.
If you like your Solo then, for now & in the Future, you'll need to buy Solex.
So if I get the solo drone I need to get the solex app

You can use the stock 3DR app with Solo on Android (there is an issue with the Selfie smart shot, but that's all). The latest update to iOS has caused Apple users problems - it's not clear how /if that's being resolved and by whom, if at all. There a thread about it somewhere.

In terms of development 3DR seem very unlikely to be updating app capabilities in the future, either Android or iOS

Solex is by an independent developer who is very active and regularly updating the app with new features. His biggest update so far is to introduce autonomous missions type capability through an in-app purchase.

You don't have to buy Solex to use your Solo, but if you do it has much more control and options than the stock one, and is under constant update and improvement. Many of the experienced users here have bought it. The sticky thread shows you what the developer has done so far and how quickly he reacts and expands his app's capabilities.

Reactions: speatuk
You can use the stock 3DR app with Solo on Android (there is an issue with the Selfie smart shot, but that's all). The latest update to iOS has caused Apple users problems - it's not clear how /if that's being resolved and by whom, if at all. There a thread about it somewhere.

In terms of development 3DR seem very unlikely to be updating app capabilities in the future, either Android or iOS

Solex is by an independent developer who is very active and regularly updating the app with new features. His biggest update so far is to introduce autonomous missions type capability through an in-app purchase.

You don't have to buy Solex to use your Solo, but if you do it has much more control and options than the stock one, and is under constant update and improvement. Many of the experienced users here have bought it. The sticky thread shows you what the developer has done so far and how quickly he reacts and expands his app's capabilities.
I have apple product so does the side piolit app work with it

I'm not up on iOS particularly, but others may chip in. Solex is Android only BTW, but people have mentioned buying Android devices just to fly with, for the reasons above - which tells it's own story I guess.

Reactions: speatuk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc