Solex for Solo

Kelly Schrock shared a link.
14 hrs
Quick updates, made quickly: 1.3.8.

I noticed a few crashes with the in-app purchasing stuff in Solex today, and also someone noticed it was impossible to drag a waypoint more than one slot in the horizontal list at the bottom of the Mission Editor. Someone else noticed that the default mission speed was kind of "insanely fast", so I fixed all those items. Also, I recorded a flight path and converted it into a mission, and caught it on video to show how that works. So, that's what I did this evening.
1f642.png
:)

Solex Missions: Record Flight Path
Quick demo of recording a flight path and turning it into a mission. The speed setting on the waypoint is optional, but something I like to do.

Reactions: speatuk
Hi,

I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere and I just missed it... but does the Solex app have multipoint cable cam? Or is it just 2-point?

Thanks!

It's an in app purchase - if you own Solex there an option from the menu, in the most recent update. If not, Solex is on Google play, buy it then in-app purchase the mission add-on.

Hello all

bought solex however when I hook everything up I'm ready to fly but the toggle is not allowing me to control the tilt on the camera,,, any ideas?

Go into settings near the camera shutter (3 horizontal lines) rhs bottom of shutter and check you have selected the correct GoPro.

Hello all

bought solex however when I hook everything up I'm ready to fly but the toggle is not allowing me to control the tilt on the camera,,, any ideas?
"toggle is not allowing me to control the tilt on the camera"
You mean, your not able to tilt the camera via the toggle button on the controller?

"toggle is not allowing me to control the tilt on the camera"
You mean, your not able to tilt the camera via the toggle button on the controller?
that's correct,,its kinda hard to explain, I have signal, it tells me armed but when I use the toggle on the controller b4 take off I usually test the cameras tilt up and down and it doesn't move,,i know its me and I'm doing something wrong but cant put my finger on it

Kelly Schrock shared a link.
14 hrs
Quick updates, made quickly: 1.3.8.

I noticed a few crashes with the in-app purchasing stuff in Solex today, and also someone noticed it was impossible to drag a waypoint more than one slot in the horizontal list at the bottom of the Mission Editor. Someone else noticed that the default mission speed was kind of "insanely fast", so I fixed all those items. Also, I recorded a flight path and converted it into a mission, and caught it on video to show how that works. So, that's what I did this evening.
1f642.png
:)

Solex Missions: Record Flight Path
Quick demo of recording a flight path and turning it into a mission. The speed setting on the waypoint is optional, but something I like to do.

Hi Kelly,
Thanks for the demo, however I'm not sure if it's just me, but it's not clear on exactly what you did without a narrative and it was pretty fast. Would it be possible to overlay a narrative?
Thanks,
Sam

I think you missunderstood what I was referring to. I was commenting on Kelly's last video on creating a flight path and converting the flight path into a mission. This video has no narrative and it's not clear on the steps that were used to achieve the final results.

Hi Kelly,
Thanks for the demo, however I'm not sure if it's just me, but it's not clear on exactly what you did without a narrative and it was pretty fast. Would it be possible to overlay a narrative?
Thanks,
Sam
create a flight path and turning it into a mission. Click on "Generate Mission" after Flight path.
Then save it. that's it
upload_2017-4-11_21-59-31.png

Thanks, Andrew! And great news! Seriously ramping up my search for a good Android tablet to use now (all Apple household).
Speaking of which… I want to try to keep costs down, as this is going to be a tablet dedicated to the Solo. Would something like a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" be powerful enough?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso