Solex for Solo

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4" (SM-T320) I bought for my Solo, but the Solex app doesn't seem to like it very much.

Before I bought Solex/Mission Planner, I used Tower and it seemed to work well - but I like all of the new features Solex has, so I want to switch over to it.

I can get everything to work fine on my Samsung Note 4 Phone, but my SM-T320 Tablet is a PITA to use with Solex.

The Tab's screen is very hit-and-miss as far as selecting things in Mission Mode, and the app doesn't want to let me save more than one Location at a time.

Can someone recommend a good Tablet in the 8" to 10" size range that works good with Solex/Mission Planner?

Thanks
From what i know from reading Kelly's replies to the question "What is the best tablet to buy" he consistently recommends The Nvidia Shield Tablet K1.
Having said this, Solex should work on ANY Android Ver. 4.4 on up But, ver. 5.0 & above is recommended cause of some new WiFi features in 5..0 & above.
Solex isn't a resource hog, but does require a device that has good CPU & graphics processor performance. I use a Nexus 6 as a dedicated monitor.
Ask other's what they like.
Hope this helps

Reactions: frunobulax
Salfi does not work!
I press the triangle play, my solo stupidly turns away from me and all

Anyone know why I would start getting the pirate head? I paid my $50, was planning to fly 2 missions today but am borked. This is not good. I assume something screwed around with the license? Such a good program but I'm really struggling with reliability.

Is there any plan in the works to make a split screen so that I can use my Google Glasses for FPV?

Reactions: dutzi
This question is more to Kelly's addressed
When using the PANO-sphere, an error occurs at the end, after the last photo. When the solo is making the last foto, the GIMBAL turns off, but the video signal is on. I'm downloading the solo, I reboot and everything is restored. Photo attached as it looks

Attachments

• IMG_0911.JPG
    IMG_0911.JPG
    757.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    692.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
gimbal 1.3.6 but should be 1.3.7 ?

Attachments

• IMG_0918.JPG
    IMG_0918.JPG
    736.3 KB · Views: 47
Thanks to Stephan for his advice to reset the hardware on 1.3.1
The reason was this. Now everything works!
Before that was ardupilot-solo 1.5.3

Reactions: RichWest
Hi Folks,
i have a new nvidia shield K1 tablet with no apps installed so far. I wan't to install the solex app.
My question is. Do i have to remove the current solo app of my solo by doing a factory reset ?
Or can i connect solo with the new solex app on my tablet ?

I found no answers in this forum so far

Help is appreciated
Thanks

I have both, and jump between them. Just close one before using other.

Kelly Schrockto Solo Mod Club
58 mins ·
A new feature to survey: Surveys.
Solex 1.4.1 is in the pipeline.

. Surveys

This is a new waypoint type. When you drop a survey waypoint, you have to draw a shape on the map, and it will appear as a polygon with a set of little pins around it. You can reshape the survey by dragging the pins, and get rid of the extra pins by deleting them. If you delete too many or move something the wrong way, you can hit Undo and undo it.

. Survey camera settings with custom camera support

It turns out that DroneKit knows about a BUNCH of cameras. On a Solo, you'll most likely be using a GoPro or similar. Those are in there.

. WP_YAW_BEHAVIOR setting

Another mission-related setting is available in Vehicle Settings, for setting how the Solo will act when flying from point to point in a mission.

. Mission layer list performance

I noticed there was some lagginess when I had a lot of missions and was viewing them in the Missions layer. So I fixed that.

. Battery ID on Green-Cube Solos

Cool thing about the green-cube Solo: It can ID the battery. It's the way Solo should have been set up at first, and now it is. Whenever you connect to a Solo equipped with the Green Cube, it will auto-select the battery (and create it if it doesn't exist).

. FlyMeThere and TapToFly update for Green-Cube Solos

The "Guided mode is Diving mode" issue has been fixed for the green-cube Solo. It turns out the way Guided mode worked in the old Solo was kind of weird, and not compatible with the new flight controller. Now it works like it's supposed to on both the old and new Solos.

. Fixed bug in battery stats/total flights

A few people pointed out that the number of flights recorded for a battery was totally wrong. And they were right about that. Dumb mistake, fixed, and now the flight counts are correct.

Here's a video showing some basic survey action. Have fun flying, it's supposed to be calm and sunny tomorrow. I know where I'm going to be!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Once again Kelly Schrock you've outdone yourself. We, the 3DR Solo community, are very lucky to have someone like you.

Reactions: SteveReno
I used Solex app (mission) to do this test because it ensures that i will get the exact same path & height when i swap antennas to test range differences.
This increasing test accuracy. However don't expect too much in my neck of the woods or is that concrete!
Range Expectancy in most of Queens is :(
Welcome to NYC:
Thanks for your info, but please remove this & put it where it belongs. This thread is about Solex only.

FROM NOTIFICATIONS

Kelly Schrock shared a link.
6 hrs
I ran across an idea yesterday, and knocked out a quick test for this morning: Moving ROIs in Missions.

The idea is that instead of setting a static ROI in a mission, you send ROIs to the copter while it's flying a mission so it will track a moving object. This is not the same as Follow, where it tries to match a moving object's path. Here, it flies its own path and keeps an eye on something that's moving along a DIFFERENT path. Here's a video showing it doing its thing. The mission being flown is just a bunch of Splines going back and forth across a turf farm, and the sexy man walking around is the guy holding an Android device that's reporting its location. Each location is sent to the copter as a ROI.

The movements are a bit jerky, so I'll want to use the "path detection" code that Follow uses to keep the transitions smooth. Also, the UI looks really crappy. The "Look at me!" Checkbox kind of screwed things up, but who cares, it's just a test.
1f609.png
;-) Also, I left all the noise in place in the video to annoy people who gripe about prop noise, and to lend a sense of gritty realism to this hand-crafted video.
1f603.png
:-D

Another thought is how to send ROIs during a mission. Device location would be about as handy as it is for Follow. So it seems an adaptation for Solex Target would be useful here, and perhaps having the ability to set an ROI by touching a point on the map.

Anyway, what's cool about this is that you could set an optimal/repeatable path at any speed you want over a location, and then track moving objects as they move around in the area. Thinking something like a bunch of dirt bikes in an area, tractors, cyclists, etc. Ideas welcome!

Solex: Moving ROI test
This is a quick test of an idea: Tracking a moving ROI in a mission. For the test, I just report the device's location and send it to the copter as an ROI wh...
YOUTUBE.COM

Reactions: Wetstone
Has anybody an idea how to cache offline maps in Solex App when only WiFi is available

Thanks for help

Has anybody an idea how to cache offline maps in Solex App when only WiFi is available

Thanks for help
Ether I don't understand your question, or you don't understand how cache offline maps works?
The only way to cache offline maps, is to be on WiFi at the same time.
You can not cache offline maps without WiFi .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc