So what's next for you guys?

Now they are only $300 at BB. I remember a few years ago a decent gimbal would cost $1000 to hold a GoPro.
View attachment 4875

Yea I bought a second one... So I have two complete drones, one back pack, 5 batteries, 24 spare blades (caught the sale), a spare gimbal (again sale) and Polar Pro leg extenders. It's definitely a great deal! If only I could stock up on Go Pro Hero 4s for cheap!

depends on your usage. I fly once or twice a month and figure two will last me well into the year since my original is still flying and my back up has about 10 flights on it and is stowed

depends on your usage. I fly once or twice a month and figure two will last me well into the year since my original is still flying and my back up has about 10 flights on it and is stowed

So you've got 4 Solo's total?

Now they are only $300 at BB. I remember a few years ago a decent gimbal would cost $1000 to hold a GoPro. It's sad the Solo, being less than 2yrs old is toast. I'm not sure how anyone is going to catch DJI with their 3 to 4 mile range, 1" camera sensor and 25min flight time for $1500 for their P4P. Pretty incredible. There's no way anyone could build a better craft DIY for under $3K, it's just not possible IMHO.
View attachment 4875

That's all I'm trying to say as well although I'm not as articulate as you are. I've looked at some of the parts, the motors, the processors, the controller.... I really don't see it.

Now they are only $300 at BB. I remember a few years ago a decent gimbal would cost $1000 to hold a GoPro. It's sad the Solo, being less than 2yrs old is toast. I'm not sure how anyone is going to catch DJI with their 3 to 4 mile range, 1" camera sensor and 25min flight time for $1500 for their P4P. Pretty incredible. There's no way anyone could build a better craft DIY for under $3K, it's just not possible IMHO.
View attachment 4875
Autel is hot on their heels and if DJI maintains their attitude as do their fawnbois, they will quickly go the way of GoPro and Apple. They will become 5 year old tech and only supported by their rabid fans while the rest of the world moves to better hardware with better customer service at a better price point.

I have to laugh at DJI, the just released their new Ground Station software only on iPads (no iPhones) and no Android. It has the same features my 2 year old BeBop does and the Bebop does it better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela