So what's next for you guys?

I've been having so much fun with the Mavic it looks like the P4 and others are going on sale. The Solos stay, because of their price and versatility, and the big camera rigs too, but I think I'm going to start to unload most of the stuff that's now collecting dust and taking up space. I haven't flown a racer in 4 months! :eek:
Plus, I have so much cool UN-built stuff that I need to make room for the new craft!

Who should buy the yuneec breeze
Should you buy it?

Yes. Just make sure the Breeze’s features and abilities are in line with your goals. This drone probably isn’t a good choice for serious pilots and filmmakers — but if you’re simply looking for an easy/affordable way to snap aerial photos of yourself and your adventures, then Breeze is an excellent choice. We really enjoyed this drone, and you probably will too.

And for about the same price as solos on sale, not even a competition

Read more: Yuneec's Breeze is a drone that'll fit in your backpack, and your budget
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | DigitalTrends on Facebook
Totally agree, when you have a need and there is a product for it, it will be a perfect fit. Unfortunately, many buyers buy by brand name and product spec sheet, then manufacture a need to justify the purchase decision. Hence endless posts of this vs that in the net.

Said it many times, know what you want to do with it, and then learn its capabilities and yours.
There are a lot of people who are just playing around that are trying to project some professional status that does not exist

These things are fun, check
But when you are trying to do a specific thing some birds will be better at those tasks than others.
I know its not popular with the DJI guys, but at 299 you are not going to beat solo if you want to take video from the sky

Yes at 299+hero3 black is a great way getting into AP. AP drone is a fun way to learn flying a drone. When you get bored with photos and selfies, you can get into drone racing. There are racing leagues popping all over the globe, zipping the little racers among the trees is as much fun as driving a car at hundred mph only at a fraction of the car and at much safe environment (to the driver, not the trees)

I am affraid to go that route, got too much going on now.
When the taranis arrives this week though, I could most likely put a little racer together with spare parts now
All I need is the frame and a small fc

I am affraid to go that route, got too much going on now.
When the taranis arrives this week though, I could most likely put a little racer together with spare parts now
All I need is the frame and a small fc

When my younger team mates was challenged by some AMA old members to show flying drone could be as fun as their rc model. They built a small quad and beat the old folk so bad, we were no longer welcome to test our models in their fields.
Then some took the same design to race among the trees. In the beginning, I didn't buy in the no stabilization design and believed it would require too much skills and hand eye coordination. The young folk who played a lot of video games proved me wrong. After a year, I gave it a try with my son. He started with the simulator, then a safe self level 250 H design. He joined the local race league multiGP. He mastered the skill and was qualified into Texas regional after 3 months of local races. At each meet, we talked to the pilots and took note of the frame, motors , ESC etc. We came up with our own 180 x -frame with motors-esc-fc specific for race. The little racer can zip thru the 2000yard course with gates and flags for about 30sec. The excitement of rushing the gates and tight turn around the flag I believe is responsible for the fast growing of the drone race . Now, ESPN carries the drone races.

I would put my DIY up against an inspire when it's finished
Oh you're probably right but you'll probably spend almost the same money and my time is limited. Besides, the portability is what draws me to the MAVIC... I couldn't care less about the Inspire.

Oh you're probably right but you'll probably spend almost the same money and my time is limited. Besides, the portability is what draws me to the MAVIC... I couldn't care less about the Inspire.
I also could care less for mavic. I have a custom apm nano to inspect the inside an air duct that none of dji drone can go.

I also could care less for mavic. I have a custom apm nano to inspect the inside an air duct that none of dji drone can go.
That's awesome! My point is that I'm talking about the Mavic and you mentioned the Inspire. I don't have any air ducts that I wish inspect so I should be good on that front. Everyone has needs and goals, they should buy whatever equipment that best suits their desires. In my opinion, a drone like the Mavic will fulfill the needs of 90% of the people flying them. Heck, the Solo, flawed as it is, will fulfill the needs of 60-75%. Just like the Bebop will take care of some people. I bought an AR Drone when they first came out and was cool with that until a few months ago when I stumbled upon the $400 Solo full kit deal at Best Buy.

we get it you are proud of your mavic
cool
Don't want one, or anything made by DJI ever
Um, I don't have a Mavic... The title of this thread is "what's next?". I said the Mavic Pro 2. I really didn't ask for advice or commentary about my choice.

I see the same thing on motorcycle forums. I have a GSXR 1000. There is always some guy that thinks a 600 is a better choice or a 250, or whatever.

I'm really not trying to talk you or anybody else into DJI or any other company. Although, it must kind of sick to spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars building something that a guy can walk into a big box store and buy one twice as good for half as much.

Last edited:
I'm really not trying to talk you or anybody else into DJI or any other company. Although, it must kind of sick to spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars building something that a guy can walk into a big box store and buy one twice as good for half as much.

Man you have that backwards, much bigger bang for buck in the custom builts

Reactions: 1264_Solo

Man you have that backwards, much bigger bang for buck in the custom builts

Not always.... Besides, are you saying that you can hand build a better drone that the Solo for under $300? I'll never be a diy drone guy but I looked into it a little. A couple decent motors costs more than my drone. The controller alone... You may be right but I'm not sure that someone can put together a drone with the same specs as a Solo or a Mavic for under $1000. I have a friend that built a drone a few years ago. I don't know all the specifics but he had almost 10k into it. Even my Solo flies rings around it, I can't imagine how bad it would compare to an Inspire 2. I understand that today you can spend less on parts and get more "bang for your buck" than when he built his but I seriously doubt that you can take $300 and deliver a complete rtf drone package, controller and all. Quite frankly, I find it hard to believe that you can take $400 and deliver an entire drone package, including gimbal/camera that can compete with a Phantom 3.

This reminds me of back in the day when sport bikes really came into their own. We used to go to the drag strip and piss off the car guys. You know the gear heads that spend weeks on some car, thousands of dollars and trailer it to the strip on the weekends. I show up with a $3000 used motorcycle and put down 10s and 11s hardly trying. They would fall all over themselves to not line up with us.

I get it. There's this culture here that believes that it's impossible for a company to manufacture a drone as good as one you built yourself. Well, you may be right but I'm a mechanical engineer and I don't believe that I can build a motorcycle better than Suzuki....just saying.

Reactions: gnomad
That's awesome! My point is that I'm talking about the Mavic and you mentioned the Inspire. I don't have any air ducts that I wish inspect so I should be good on that front. Everyone has needs and goals, they should buy whatever equipment that best suits their desires. In my opinion, a drone like the Mavic will fulfill the needs of 90% of the people flying them. Heck, the Solo, flawed as it is, will fulfill the needs of 60-75%. Just like the Bebop will take care of some people. I bought an AR Drone when they first came out and was cool with that until a few months ago when I stumbled upon the $400 Solo full kit deal at Best Buy.

Now they are only $300 at BB. I remember a few years ago a decent gimbal would cost $1000 to hold a GoPro. It's sad the Solo, being less than 2yrs old is toast. I'm not sure how anyone is going to catch DJI with their 3 to 4 mile range, 1" camera sensor and 25min flight time for $1500 for their P4P. Pretty incredible. There's no way anyone could build a better craft DIY for under $3K, it's just not possible IMHO.
upload_2017-1-3_15-30-4.png

Last edited:
Is it bad that I want to buy a fourth Solo? Should I seek counseling or is this drone really THAT good?!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela