So long fellas !

rich wants the solo to succeed in the worst way too... he cant deny the service, even if its a couple hours late... come on buddy, make the right choice :)

I am waiting on your crash video. Need to substantiate the thing really is tough.

Hi Rich. Hate to lose you. I vote giving Solo another chance. Seems that 3DR is bending over backwards to help you out. Where else can you go for that type of service? If you are set on going, I wish you luck, and have enjoyed your posts very much. Happy flying.....:)

Reactions: GoodnNuff
here you go
its actually harder than it appears on camera ;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

its actually harder than it appears on camera ;)

LOL back to the wife talk again.

So how did you flip it. Not sure what happened?

Just the sound was brutal. So just props huh? And pride of course.

yeah, just scrapes on the tops of the props. 1 prop broken. it landed perfectly on its back.

What happened was, i was trying to kill the motoors, and i dont know if i just bumped it or what but as it started ascending and going left, the prop hit and broke and that sent it all the way on to its back your honor :)

I have told 3DR I am returning the Solo for a refund.

Been great getting to know everyone and wish you all the VERY best with your Solos.

I am out of here :(

Rich
Rich, it was fun til it lasted, , I have yet to have any failures but the minute I do and there is no reasonable explication I will send this one back and wait to see if the can beat the bugs out of them before trying again. .. I will keep building my own stuff at least I know it works and I can trust it.

I have told 3DR I am returning the Solo for a refund.

Been great getting to know everyone and wish you all the VERY best with your Solos.

I am out of here :(

Rich
Sorry to hear it. I have been down for a week while my controller is in the RMA process. I hope to get it back soon, but have not heard anything. I guess I will call. My coworker just bought the P3. I will be probably see more of that flying than my Solo. We will see.

Last edited:
Well I performed the update yesterday came out to fly today and I'm experiencing the same thing battery fully charged, solo app showing zero and lights stay green on solo no beeps at all!! So disappointed

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you can recover it with their help. I would not try a reset without them on the phone.

Yup was able to get them on the phone. Super helpful support they walked me through a reset and now solo is working fine. Really worried for a while there, hopefully it's not a revolving issue.

Reactions: Raybro
Rich ...

He tried to leave, but he can't.

He's trapped, and he's ours forever.

He will never be allowed to go ...

Which is good, 'cause things just wouldn't be the same.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I know you are not. And believe it or not I considered that when I typed it and at the last minute I even Googled the word.

Urban dictionary said..

fellas; your friends or people that you like.

So this included you !

Seriously, I doubt I will be around much. I am not going to have much to contribute soon as everyone gets the Solos figured out. 3DR annoyed me even more today. So the romance is over with them.

Rich, while I do think what 3DR is offering is pretty nice. I do find it frustrating that they are willing to overnight you a replacement but not fill the backorders from customers like myself that were a part of the preorder. Yes, I have a Solo but had to get it from Best Buy just so i could get my hands on one. Meanwhile i still kept my preorder with 3DR. Spoke to 3DR yesterday and they still cannot tell me a ship date. Oddly I was told that I was part of the group that was supposed to ship between June 22 and July 1st. That ends today and I still have no tracking numbers. Called earlier today and was on hold for over 10 minutes and could not hold anymore, so i hung up. Reading the Iris forums it appears it is not just limited to the Solo....I retuned my Best Buy Solo last weekend because it could not get past 1600 ft away from me, long wait times to find GPS and the app crashing on every single flight i made. Sorry to rant in your thread, but when i saw they were willing to overnight a Solo...it just got to me. Kinda feel insulted as a consumer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks