So long fellas !

Wow! Usually companies want to hold a credit card to send one out. I just had to do that with my type cover for my Surface Pro 3.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Stop over any time. Have a cold one if @Sarah B hasnt drank all of it :)

Just got this email.

Rich,

Sorry for calling late I had a couple of 3 hrs meeting so I got kinda busy.
I got 2 theories of what may be causing the issue you are having.
I left you a voicemail explaining let me know if you want to try the troubleshoot or proceed with the refund as you are in your right.
But I can also have a new solo shipped to you overnight to change the one you have and this solo would be tested by our RMA department.

Gary Gregory
[Tech Support Engineer

That's impressive. I hope you stick around a bit.

Reactions: prowler9
I am curious if you are thinking twice about returning .. @rrmccabe
Going to sleep on it. It's boxed up and ready to go either way.

It's not really a tech support issue. The bird has flown fine since I got it. Just started off bad. Preorder 2 1/2 months early and get it 10 days after the best buy crowd ( no offense meant towards you guys).

Still waiting on gimbal.. still waiting on battery they promised and can't even get them to tell me when I should expect that.

Not that I need it as I have a p3 and the solo is not usable without gimbal.

Stop over any time. Have a cold one if @Sarah B hasnt drank all of it :)

Just got this email.

Rich,

Sorry for calling late I had a couple of 3 hrs meeting so I got kinda busy.
I got 2 theories of what may be causing the issue you are having.
I left you a voicemail explaining let me know if you want to try the troubleshoot or proceed with the refund as you are in your right.
But I can also have a new solo shipped to you overnight to change the one you have and this solo would be tested by our RMA department.

Gary Gregory
[Tech Support Engineer
Do you think you would get the same from DJI? They're trying for ya man. Take the replacement, put it away for a while. Put your new gimbal on it ( in November) . Besides a GoPro without a copter to put it on? Come on man!
Ray
:eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: rrmccabe
Just to let you know chief. I took mine out tonight and loved every minute of it :) with the settings cranked all the way up i feel its dang near as responsive as the p3p.
Of course thats until i landed it on my street, bumped a stick, flipped it on its back and ran the props on the concrete for 30 seconds before i could get it under control.

that said, 1 prop broken, not even another scratch on the bird though. Just the tops of the props (where you see the color) are scratched. I like the p3p too, but a crash like that would have shattered that thing in to about 4 pieces. I have video of it if you want :)

Reactions: 50wyldeman
Rich, I really hope you give it another chance. This has been a stumbling introduction and launch for 3DR, but for every customer with a glitch or complaint, 3DR has made it right. I can't think of another company out there that could meet that level of customer service.
I hope you stick around. You will be greatly missed here.

Reactions: NYG and prowler9
With that kinda service a 5 or 600 dollar camera with your lense and the money back guarantee extended thirty days past when you buy your gimbal(I'm sure within reason date wise) what ya got to lose buddy. May as well worst can happen is you let them hold your money and either have a great quad or a free rental. In a couple months by the end of the thirty days with your gimbal.

i hope that means drones purchased at best buy too... i cant imagine why not... how awesome is that. we get 90 days essentially to try something out, risk free. :)
I love venture capital haha

Reactions: Adimuzio513
It does I asked cause I wanted to cancel my adorama combined pre order and that's the reply I got when I asked. "Since the delay with launch and best buy having stock before presale orders being filled I bought solo at best buy but will order gimbal now through you at 3dr or best buy if needed to have my 30 day warranty after I get my gimbal. Otherwise I'll just pick it up from best buy since it seems like it will be available there before presale like solo itself was, as long as my warranty will still be extended." Maybe not word for word but that was my question.

Hope this helps some if you want to be sure just take a sec to send an email so you get a copy you can show with your name or email address, I'm sure they will honor this even if something changes when gimbal arrives.

i hope that means drones purchased at best buy too... i cant imagine why not... how awesome is that. we get 90 days essentially to try something out, risk free. :)
I love venture capital haha

Yea is a pretty amazing thing they've done here this alone showed me I made the right choice and assures me they will fix everything that's going on. Seem pretty confident and I canceled pre order so no longer purchased gimbal either.

Thank you 3dr

Take the replacement, put it away for a while.

It would make more financial sense to take the refund and buy another once the gimbal is released. They're not available in the UK as yet, but I did consider picking one up from Best Buy last week when I was in the US. However without the gimbal and with problems why bother - may as well keep the money in the bank and wait for a little while.

I like a bit of bleeding edge technology, I mean I have a P3 which has to have VPS switched off due to a fault in the latest firmware but there is a limit to it.

The performance has ended,,and it was a good one. The audience starts clapping, louder, they're on their feet, the clapping get's louder, and louder,,,and then,,,the curtain parts, the performer walks out,,,for an encore. We want an encore!! C'mon Rich,,one more time,,,please?

rich wants the solo to succeed in the worst way too... he cant deny the service, even if its a couple hours late... come on buddy, make the right choice :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks