PeauPro has a new lens... the 3.37 19mm f2.8

I do not have the 3.97... nor to I have a GoPro 4.
Considering the GoPro4 and the 3.37 from PeauPro with the accessorie pack and 1 year Accident ins.

At $450 for newly setup camera and lens (no pink fringe), $20 for accessories incl waterproof case, and $50 for 1 year accident coverage, seems a good deal.

Yes?

I do not have the 3.97... nor to I have a GoPro 4.
Considering the GoPro4 and the 3.37 from PeauPro with the accessorie pack and 1 year Accident ins.

At $450 for newly setup camera and lens (no pink fringe), $20 for accessories incl waterproof case, and $50 for 1 year accident coverage, seems a good deal.

Yes?

It seems like 3.37 might be considered a better lens for droning. It also fits better in the case for off-drone use.

I have the 3+ black already and I'm picking up Solo today but will most likely get the same package you're thinking about too.

Reactions: RushMarley2112
It seems like 3.37 might be considered a better lens for droning. It also fits better in the case for off-drone use.

I have the 3+ black already and I'm picking up Solo today but will most likely get the same package you're thinking about too.
Whats your criteria for saying the 3.37 would be better for droning? Having the Gopro in it water proof case creates a number of other issues.

it could be argued 5 degrees more would be better but as Steve said, your not really going to notice it
Im a bit surprised they did a lens so close to the 3.97 and claimed it to be "sharper at the edges"
is that like saying my recent purchase of a 3.97 sucks now because the edges are soft?
now that would be right down DJI like

Reactions: cracovian
Whats your criteria for saying the 3.37 would be better for droning? Having the Gopro in it water proof case creates a number of other issues.

Being five degrees wider without distortion makes it "better" for droning.

In addition, the site states it has better edge sharpness (better like in "better"?)

Not sure about flare "being more concentrated into points instead of spread out like with the 3.97" though... Is that considered better or worse?

Since we'd be getting a case (to which the benefits are many) then a seamless fit and no pressure on the lens sounds really good.

it could be argued 5 degrees more would be better but as Steve said, your not really going to notice it
Im a bit surprised they did a lens so close to the 3.97 and claimed it to be "sharper at the edges"
is that like saying my recent purchase of a 3.97 sucks now because the edges are soft?
Usually, it seems, dronies want a camera that brings the subject as close as possible with out magnifying any movement to much. I don't understand either the reason for selling a 3.37 and a 3.97 unless the 3.37 is really that good

Reactions: cracovian

It's 3.37 for true sharpness or nothing now! I'll take that 3.97 off your hands for the cost of shipping though :p

It's only 5° wider than the 3.97. Hope that 5° doesn't reintroduce the legs in shots. But for 5° more, doesn't seem worth it if you already have the 3.97. You probably won't really notice it.

not that it makes a HUGE difference, but 6 degrees, right? .37 to .97

I pulled the trigger and purchased the hero 4 blk with the 3.37 and software installed from Peau. Figured I can get a close up lens if needed. And price was right. After gimbal installed I'll post some video with it. Supposed to be a bit sharper... and as I shoot landscape photography and like the width of the stock lens... just not the distortion. .. this may be the best if both worlds.
Stay tuned...

I was just going by the specs listed on Peau's website (87 vs 82). Of course that's just horizontal comparisons:
3.37mm f/2.8 87d HFOV 16MP
3.97mm f/2.8 82d HFOV 16MP
Yeah i saw that too, after jumping over there to investigate. I contacted them (not about this) but to see how much the wait time /turnaround is for a lens replacement (and related) services, they said 15-20 mins. AND, paying with cash saves you paying taxes. Not sure if that's worth mentioning here.

Just a thought. They may be planning to phase out the 3.97 soon. Perhaps they've sourced the 3.37 for less cost than the 3.97. Or the the mfg of the 3.97 is planning to dump it soon.

waiting for some results
I may try to find a 3.37 knock off
trying to not spend more on a gopro base platform and spend my cash on getting a M43 in the air

so my Peau 3.37 lens came in today. installed it one of my gopros. set both gopros to the exact settings in single mode and took the same shot simultaneously side by side. take a look at the attachments and see for yourself.

**Disclaimer** i dont have an HDMI mini to HDMI cable so i focused the lens with the solo app and my ipad air2. would rather use my 55" tv for that, but you use what you got, right? Plus, the lighting is horrible for this. I'll try to post a shot from the solo's during daylight tomorrow pending weather.

1st image is Peau 3.37 ($140)
2nd image is gopro Stock ($0)
peau.JPG stock.JPG

Reactions: Travelfox
so my Peau 3.37 lens came in today. installed it one of my gopros. set both gopros to the exact settings in single mode and took the same shot simultaneously side by side. take a look at the attachments and see for yourself....

Not bad at all! Thanks for posting this @dml931 I'm getting this lens for my H4B for sure. The stretching of sides/corners to remove fisheye on post drives me crazy.

Reactions: dml931
Not bad at all! Thanks for posting this @dml931 I'm getting this lens for my H4B for sure. The stretching of sides/corners to remove fisheye on post drives me crazy.
Agree completely! I sat for hours fixing a pano in photoshop (even after Lightroom lens profile adjustments) that I was like "NO! There has to be a better way!!" Hense....here.

BUT...I don't mind Linear FOV all that much either so I won't be getting a new lens for the other GoPro. Besides, every now and then the fisheye works.

Overall, I'm pleased with my current setup - 2 hero4 silvers 1 stock lens, 1 peau 3.37. Diversitility plays wonders in post, ya know?;)

Reactions: Travelfox

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela