Open Solo 2.5-RC2 is out

three of the lights started flashing blue and one wasn’t flashing at all-
hell. it’s still cool looking

my wife calls me stupid all the time-
guessing she has a point.
but she’s the one who bought me this thing!!

Solo locks satellites- had 17. Pressed fly, got rotation. Pressed fly, motors sped up drone got a foot off the ground and shut off and fell to the ground. Oh yeah, I did my calibration first and rebooted. I tried again and it did the same thing. It broke one of my leg extensions. hmmmmm. Losing confidence.
This same thing happened to me with my first 2 flights. Then it just went away after I went back to stock antennas. I was trying 9dbi Omni's for the first time and I thought this may be the problem. Up two or three feet and then a total shut down. Camera even stopped recording when this happened which made me think I lost connection while the solo was still close to the ground and it disarmed.
Input?

Not sure. I was using the Omni antennas- but now I’m a little skiddish to put it in the air

Not sure. I was using the Omni antennas- but now I’m a little skiddish to put it in the air
Almost seems like a battery disconnect? Clamp that sucker down and try again, or to be safe just pull the props and arm the solo hold down fly and make sure you are connected to mission planner to see if you can come up with any errors?

Battery is seated and even when it fell from the sky- only a foot or two- battery stayed in-
At the house with the props off- hit fly; had rotation and hit it again and it ran- until I pretended to land and it shut down.
I re-installed parameters this morning which changed my lights from ALL GREEN to normal. When it fell to the ground, three lights kept blinking blue and one light did not illuminate- I have no idea how to fix it- but I will drive 3 hours Saturday to Paul DiNardi’s shop to get some assistance. He told me to put it away so I don’t break anymore stuff!

Reactions: jimloss
It was my first two flight on Open Solo RC1 with the green cube. My Open Solo stock 1.5.3 aircraft did fine. The Green Cube one Disarmed twice in flight in auto take off. I put stock antennas on the controller and every thing fixed it self. Have not looked at logs yet but all is good.

IrishmanPdx, surely "Old Peculiar" has never been molested with force carbonization? No one in Masham would stand for it! Thats what I drink.

Now USMC86 it seems time for you to have a drink!

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
probably. two unsuccessful flights today- but no damage to Solo- I’m glad it shut off at 1 foot elevation and about 3 feet elevation and not 60 feet elevation!!

Hey David- I was using my Alfa antennas today because they were handy-
I’m sure guys out there will figure out what I’m screwing up!!!

IrishmanPdx, surely "Old Peculiar" has never been molested with force carbonization? No one in Masham would stand for it! Thats what I drink.

Now USMC86 it seems time for you to have a drink!
You'd be surprised.... after all, if you want to brew masses of ale in a hurry without having to wait for natural carbonation, you can up the amount of yeast you put in to convert sugars to alcohol, this in turn will mean a stronger but less carbonated beer. In fact, looking at the ale and the head on it (and I take it that head stays on it as you drink and it doesn't just disappear the minute it's poured?) more than likely it's force nitrogenized.

It really doesn't matter though since both are just common gases, what matters is if the taste and texture of the beer is pleasing. Texture is just as important and if you're interested, I would suggest you try a chili beer and maybe a peanut butter chocolate stout. You'll find the chili really does add an extra layer of taste and texture that's pleasantly surprising. As for Chocolate stouts, they can be pretty rich, thick and just damn fantastic to drink (I swear, Guinness needs to step up it's game, it's pure water by comparison).

You'd be surprised.... after all, if you want to brew masses of ale in a hurry without having to wait for natural carbonation, you can up the amount of yeast you put in to convert sugars to alcohol, this in turn will mean a stronger but less carbonated beer. In fact, looking at the ale and the head on it (and I take it that head stays on it as you drink and it doesn't just disappear the minute it's poured?) more than likely it's force nitrogenized.

It really doesn't matter though since both are just common gases, what matters is if the taste and texture of the beer is pleasing. Texture is just as important and if you're interested, I would suggest you try a chili beer and maybe a peanut butter chocolate stout. You'll find the chili really does add an extra layer of taste and texture that's pleasantly surprising. As for Chocolate stouts, they can be pretty rich, thick and just damn fantastic to drink (I swear, Guinness needs to step up it's game, it's pure water by comparison).
I'm pretty sure none of this would be possible if it were not for beer, and when I say "This" I mean everything we see today.....The civilized world! Yes I too love BEER, Hiccup....

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
It was my first two flight on Open Solo RC1 with the green cube. My Open Solo stock 1.5.3 aircraft did fine. The Green Cube one Disarmed twice in flight in auto take off. I put stock antennas on the controller and every thing fixed it self. Have not looked at logs yet but all is good.

What were using when your Solo disarmed in flight?

Paul DiNardi is the owner/operator of Jester’s Drones- I will try to figure out how to load the logs on this forum- I’ve never pulled the logs and will work on it this evening.

What were using when your Solo disarmed in flight?
9dbi Omni. Ineed to look at the logs. I thought maybe the controller may not be able to drive the antenna with out an amp. It disarmed twice about 2 - 3 ft. in the air and crashed. It is flying fine now with rc2 on the copter and stock antennas

9dbi Omni. Ineed to look at the logs. I thought maybe the controller may not be able to drive the antenna with out an amp. It disarmed twice about 2 - 3 ft. in the air and crashed. It is flying fine now with rc2 on the copter and stock antennas
Need dataflash logs from this. What you're describing should be programmatically impossible. The log will tell the tale. And if needed, it will be escalated to ArduPilot.

Need dataflash logs from this. What you're describing should be programmatically impossible. The log will tell the tale. And if needed, it will be escalated to ArduPilot.
I'm downloading the logs now to Mission Planner to have a look. It seemed to Disarm 2 or 3 feet up upon take off in FLY Mode. Did it twice. While the Solo was laying on it nose in the grass the LED's were still flashing white in the rear. Swap to stock antennas and all was well. Could I have had the Solo lose connection briefly with the controller and it not realize it was in the air yet? I'll put them up on one drive later today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc