Open Solo 2.5-RC2 is out

The motor pod lights being green doesn't mean it's in bootloader. If the controller and apps are still connecting, it's definitely not in bootloader. Just reload the parameter packages from Solex and reboot if that's the case.

Will do. Hey Matt, can I do this with my Solo wifi connected to Mission Planner or will I have to access the USB port on the Green Cube?

never mind. You said Solex- I’ve got what you’re saying. I’ll bring your video up again and do exactly what you’re doing. It was pretty funny; because your Solo would start making sounds and 30 seconds later, mine would do the same- so I was pumped that everything went great! Thanks so much for helping me figure this out-

Matt-
You know your stuff!!! I reloaded both the Arducopter3.5x Parameters.zip
and HERE Compass Parameters.zip and then rebooted both controller and Solo- instantly the lights went to normal!!! Is it even possible that some of us are using tablets that are not fast enough to transfer downloads over to Solo? Just wondering. Thanks again Matt!!! Going to try it out without my gopro a couple times first! Cool!!!!!

Yes sir!!!!! Was getting ready to update you Bruce. It makes me wonder if some of our tablets aren’t equipped for this task- ? But I reloaded both parameters and she is looking “ normal “ again. Getting ready to go to the field, do another compass calibration and let her fly. I already accomplished the IMU calibration. I used an empty box for the final portion when you put Solo on it’s back ( because of HERE and mast ) put it on top with the HERE INSIDE and the legs resting on the edges- perfect! Thanks to everyone for your expertise!!

Enjoy. Just trying to pay forward the kindnesses done me in this lifetime....

I thought about trying to load the programs again but figured it better to just stop and not take any chances of making it worse. That Matt must dream about this Solo stuff!! or nightmares.... probably a lot of each!

Matt. I really do appreciate both your time and effort invested in making Solo a more efficient and safer drone. I can only imagine the nightmares when you are trying to simplify the upgrade techniques to the masses and having to deal with us idiots that cannot program the tv remote! Whenever you decide to come sightsee in Baltimore, Fells Point or anywhere near; I have a Yeti of cold beer waiting your arrival. Thanks again!!

Natural byproduct of fermentation! NO to forced carbonization, it is just wrong.
There's nothing wrong with forced carbonation in beer, in fact, where there's a low sugar content in your beer for the yeast to act upon to create alcohol, forced carbonation is usually used (ie. most of the beers you probably drink). Too much sugar without some sort of fermentation halting process and you'll just get a terrible (and possibly explosive) beer, in such cases the fermentation process needs to be halted and forced carbonation is generally used (think sweet fruit beers, ciders etc). Usually sulfites are used to halt fermentation and that's a bad thing since that's what actually causes your hangover the following morning. A way around this is to either drink organic beers and ciders (that don't use sulfites to halt fermentation) or to drink products that use HPP to halt fermentation. Usually this is expensive but the lack of a hangover headache is worth it. Point being, Forced Carbonation is perfectly fine, but down with sulfites! Oh and green cubes rock but green beer does not! (and you thought this post was entirely unrelated....)

Reactions: DJMc
Wait a minute, I got so carried away with beer talk.......... there was problems with doing the open solo update? Damn, I gotta start reading these forums more carefully. My updates went fine and let's face it, I was probably drunk at the time.... what's everyone else's excuse? Mind you, perfectly valid question here.... I've installed open solo on my stock bird. I now have a green cube for it, do I just slap it in, boot up and load the parameters file and calibrate? Or do I slap it in, reload open solo again, boot up, load parameters and calibrate?

Can....can we find a way to talk about barbecue, too?
:rolleyes:
Easy... instead of injection molding a plastic body for the future solo, we make one out of ceramic (it's lightweight, strong and heat resistant). We then put heating elements under each motor pod (either gas or electric, kinda like a patio heater if you will) and then hover the solo over raw meat for 15 minutes before replacing battery and flipping meat. Therefore introducing the world to the new experience of Drone BBQing. What could go wrong?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Now if I get the tether built, no need to change batteries. Add rotisserie... hmm...my mouth seems to have begun crying....

Solo locks satellites- had 17. Pressed fly, got rotation. Pressed fly, motors sped up drone got a foot off the ground and shut off and fell to the ground. Oh yeah, I did my calibration first and rebooted. I tried again and it did the same thing. It broke one of my leg extensions. hmmmmm. Losing confidence.

Hey! But I’m looking at the bright side- now my Solo is starting to look
“ experimental.!”
emphasis on the mental.

I see the logs on Solex but I don’t know how to pass info along- there are 3 from today- I selected all 3 but don’t know what to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks