Open Solo 2.5-RC2 is out

Need dataflash logs from this. What you're describing should be programmatically impossible. The log will tell the tale. And if needed, it will be escalated to ArduPilot.
Public

This should be the one drive link. In the Solo file are 5 logs. Crash 1 and 2. A good flight. And also the logs after crash 1 and 2. One thing I have not looked at yet is if I was using a new battery for the first time with the two crashes.

I did some bench testing today and if I start recording video with the Gopro using the solex app and then turn off the battery or disconnect it the Gopro continues to record. When these two crashes happened the Gopro stopped recording when the motors stopped and before it hit the ground. Really sounds like it was disarming for some reason.

Public

This should be the one drive link. In the Solo file are 5 logs. Crash 1 and 2. A good flight. And also the logs after crash 1 and 2. One thing I have not looked at yet is if I was using a new battery for the first time with the two crashes.
Hmm...maybe Matt has some insight but I'm seeing Motor Interlock enabled somehow. This would jive with the behavior we are seeing.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@USMC86, your problem is not the same. You didn't load the parameter files.

@David Boulanger The logs just stop shortly after you takeoff. They show no errors or failures. They just stop in mid-air. This usually indicates a sudden loss of electrical power, or that the pixhawk just shut down. I also see "long loop" errors in the log analyzer, which I think should never happen. That indicates some code in ArduCopter is dragging it's feet slowing the processor down. In 5 years, I've never seen that. This leads me to believe the FW installed on the Pixhawk may just be corrupt.

1. Install the Wipe package in Solex and reboot. It will install and do it's beeping and boopping thing.
2. Install the ArduCopter 3.5.3 package in solex and reboot. Again it will beep and boop
3. Install the ArduCopter 3.5.x parameters package in Solex. Also install the Here and landing gear if you have any of those modes. Reboot.
4. Recalibrate as usual since everything is wiped out.
5. Do a low and slow test flight and shoot some logs over.

I suspect that will take care of it.

@David Boulanger The logs just stop shortly after you takeoff. They show no errors or failures. They just stop in mid-air. This usually indicates a sudden loss of electrical power, or that the pixhawk just shut down. I also see "long loop" errors in the log analyzer, which I think should never happen. That indicates some code in ArduCopter is dragging it's feet slowing the processor down. In 5 years, I've never seen that. This leads me to believe the FW installed on the Pixhawk may just be corrupt.

1. Install the Wipe package in Solex and reboot. It will install and do it's beeping and boopping thing.
2. Install the ArduCopter 3.5.3 package in solex and reboot. Again it will beep and boop
3. Install the ArduCopter 3.5.x parameters package in Solex. Also install the Here and landing gear if you have any of those modes. Reboot.

Its been flying O.K. with 3.5.2 but I must say I don't have much confidence. I will do as you recommend and then post a log. May be a few days. The weather has been a bit windy and wet.

Ahhhhh, this reminds me of living in Ireland....... the Green Cube that is, I really do like that green metalic color. I actually haven't taken my 2nd out of it's packet yet, haven't even opened it. Do you know how disappointed I'll be if it turns out it's black or something? (I do believe they'd say the color could vary...). I think there should be a vote on the next update, it should be red....

Anyway, color co-ordination aside, I have all my solo's upgraded to open solo and no issues, I sang along with the Karaoke video (needs lyrics). However, if I put the green cube into a bird that already has open solo installed, are these the instructions to follow?

documentation/green_cube_install.md at master · OpenSolo/documentation · GitHub

Just want to ensure I do things right!

IrishmanPDX-
Mine is black but has a nice green label on it- [emoji256]

O.K. I have done exactly what you said here. Everything seems good for a test flight except Solex says I am flying 3.5.2. I know I downloaded 3.5.3 firmware. zip and the parameters. Is this a solex thing? I'm going to download a flash log to Mission Planner when a spooled up the motors with no props on and see what it says.

O.K. I have done exactly what you said here. Everything seems good for a test flight except Solex says I am flying 3.5.2. I know I downloaded 3.5.3 firmware. zip and the parameters. Is this a solex thing? I'm going to download a flash log to Mission Planner when a spooled up the motors with no props on and see what it says.
I think it's 3.5.2 on Artoo and 3.5.3 on Solo (or maybe the other way around).

Mine in the Solex Vehicle Settings at the bottom has
Autopilot: 3.5.3
Controller: 2.4.9
Controller: f/w 2.5-RC1
Vehicle: 2.4.9
Gimbal: 1.3.6

Flew it this afternoon on two batteries and it flew awesome. I kept it at about 60 feet and it was rock solid- at 20 % went into RTH and landed exactly where it took off from- It is a lot more responsive though I have the sliders at half- not ready to go faster yet.

It should definitely be 3.5.3. The most recent Open Solo will install 3.5.3. And the ArduCopter 3.5.3 Firmware package definitely has 3.5.3 in it. So if it's saying 3.5.2, that would indicate it isn't installing. Were you getting the disco lights and the happy install tones?

It should definitely be 3.5.3. The most recent Open Solo will install 3.5.3. And the ArduCopter 3.5.3 Firmware package definitely has 3.5.3 in it. So if it's saying 3.5.2, that would indicate it isn't installing. Were you getting the disco lights and the happy install tones?
No disco lights and no happy tunes. Should I redo the clean install?

This is a green cube right? You downloaded the 3.5.3 FW to your device, connected to Solo, loaded the FW, got the "please reboot your solo" message, and rebooted?

Probably not. That won't do what I'm suggesting to wipe the pixhawk. Are you following the instructions in the Solex FW updates menu for loading the FW and parameter packages?

This is a green cube right? You downloaded the 3.5.3 FW to your device, connected to Solo, loaded the FW, got the "please reboot your solo" message, and rebooted?
yes. but nothing really happened. It was flying great before open solo. And I had the little problem until I went to 3.5.2. Green cube is my favorite because it flies so well.

I am connected to my solo with solex and nothing is really causing anything to happen. I did have to recalibrate my compass and IMU earlier but I still had 3.5.2. I have followed the instruction to a tee but the solo is not doing much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44