Open Solo 2.5-RC2 is out

Both techniques work.
Using Mode 1 or 2?

I thought, you arm-disarm using throttle/yaw not pitch not roll? I'm talking the Solo only.

Please show me the documentation on that otherwise its misinformation on either my part or yours or neither. Not saying your wrong or doubting you but I don't want to steer users in the wrong direction, I also made the mistake of disarming using your technique and it ended in a flip/crash....

It is the way I have always done it since APM days. Never had a flip before Solo.
Older APM no doubt, I know ardu-plane used to arm that way but not the stock solo maybe with the green cube its another story?
I flew a different platform for a while that armed disarmed with sticks down and out and when I first flew the solo I tried this oh boy what a mistake it went nuts.

Hi All,

Just wondered if someone can confirm the below ...

I have updated both of my aircraft to RC2 using Solex and all is good. However I know one of them was set to use US settings for the 2.4 Ghz control signal and the other was set to use EU settings, which are the legal ones here in the UK.

I can't seem to find a way of checking/changing this value in Solex, so can I still use the orginal Solo App to check and make the change, or will doing that cause issue with the open solo firmware?

Thanks.

Yes you can always still use the old 3DR Solo app in Android or iOS to do everything they always used to do. Fully backwards compatible.

Yes you can always still use the old 3DR Solo app in Android or iOS to do everything they always used to do. Fully backwards compatible.

Thanks P2P ... got another question if you have the time :)

I see from this older blog post Update on Mastering Solo... Major milestone reached that some work had been done with Smart battery integration, in that the dataflash log can now record individual cell voltages etc (which is awsome) ... However, I can't find this anywhere in my data flash logs, so I guess its either that I am not logging something I should be, or that this change is only in Arducopter 3.5.3 and not 1.5.3, therefore I won't be able to see it unless I upgrade to a green cube?

Thanks!

Thanks P2P ... got another question if you have the time :)

I see from this older blog post Update on Mastering Solo... Major milestone reached that some work had been done with Smart battery integration, in that the dataflash log can now record individual cell voltages etc (which is awsome) ... However, I can't find this anywhere in my data flash logs, so I guess its either that I am not logging something I should be, or that this change is only in Arducopter 3.5.3 and not 1.5.3, therefore I won't be able to see it unless I upgrade to a green cube?

Thanks!
Support for smart batteries has been in for a while. However, like Matt pointed out it never really worked like it should.
ardupilot/ReleaseNotes.txt at master · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
So to answer your question, you would need to be on 3.5.3.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44